Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hey Good Lookin'

Well since you asked and there's not much else to talk about I suppose I'll tell ya.
Yesterday we had Baked Pasta with Spinach, Lemon, and Cheese and Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon (Bits.) I don't like to cook bacon (it splatters and burns me) so I just used Bacon Bits from the jar. It adds the flavor without the extra fat and oil burns.
The pasta was a bit bland for me. It was just okay according to Matt and the kids didn't really eat that much. I, alone, loved the brussels sprouts though. Due to the lack of excitement about this dinner from my family, all of the left-overs were packaged up and delivered to Mr. Mike across the street (aka the garbage disposal.)
Today we had Pork Posole and toasted baguette with butter. Yumm! Lauren and I ate every last bite in our bowl. Tyler ate all the bites of pork but not much else. Matt ate dinner at a work conference but he did try a bite and said it was "awesome."
(tilt your head sideways)

A no-cook meal is coming up tomorrow. Stay tuned.
(This is actually my favorite version of the Hey Good Lookin' song. Barbara Mandrell nails it! This reminds me of my childhood and long car trips with my family.)

1 comment:

Anne C. said...

Have you tried baking the bacon? We put it on a broiler pan and bake @400 and you can flip it and just cook it until it is done. This way all the grease goes down into the pan and then when it cools you can cut it up into little bits and make your own. Oh...no splattering and burning:)
Anne