Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Go Diamondbacks!

Here's my boy all ready for his T-Ball Picture Day.

(He's ready...minus the belt, socks, shoes and SMILE) (please don't notice the mess o' house behind him)

Here's my boy warming up for the first T-Ball Game. "Coach, I'm ready."

the wind-up and "step when you throw" just like the Coach taught him

I didn't clock the throw but I'm thinking it just may be a 5-year-old T-Ball record!

Here's my boy acting like an experienced baseball player. (see un-gloved hand) I'm sure his baseball playing Uncles are proud. (especially Uncle Brian)

Here's my boy playing his first game. He played 3rd base, 2nd base and, in the outfield. (in this pic he's in the outfield next to his coach)


T-Ball today is a little bit different than when I played. These days (or at least in "these parts") the (batter's) coach pitches the first three pitches from the pitchers mound. If the batter misses, a tee is brought out and then the player has 2 more chances to hit off the tee. The inning ends after 3 outs or after 9 batters have hit.

Tyler had so much fun. He was smiling, jumping around and enjoying himself the whole time. He had his fun but when it was time to get "Baseball Ready" my boy spread his legs and put his glove to the ground ready to field the ball. Just like the coaches told him.

His Daddy and I were so proud of him.

Go Diamondbacks.

(next game is on Saturday if you want to come)


PS. I have to mention my Dad in this post (who suddenly passed away in 2007.) He loved sports, especially baseball. He coached all of our teams (my brother's and I) and I'm pretty sure he expected to coach or at least attend all of his grandchildren's sporting events.

I thought of him often during Tyler's T-ball game.

2 comments:

Mili said...

Tyler looks so cute with his uniform. I also think he should keep soccer as his fave sport just because his auntie Mili loves it. ; )

brian said...

Perfect form T! And I'm not talking about that throwing form... that'll need some work.