Monday, June 9, 2008

where did this thunderstorm come from?!

I just left Dana's house and the lightening was flashing like crazy and the thunder was rolling. Luckily I was able to make it home in between downpours. I've come to learn that this is a typical southern weather pattern. Hot Hot Hot during the day with an evening (9pm evening) thunderstorm. It will be dry and hot hot hot again tomorrow. This is how I prefer my rain....at night when I'm sleeping.

I was pretty lazy all day today. I didn't even lift up the camera to snap any shots...that's how lazy I was. I did pick up the pace in the evening though. We stayed home and did a lot of playing with Lauren's babydolls. We changed Baby Sam's clothes a couple of times and seeing this Tyler brought me another baby and wanted to take all of its clothes off. Unfortunately the baby he brought me didn't have a change of clothes so we just had to put the "dirty" clothes back on her. We then tried on all of Lauren's dress up shoes (Tyler too because I'm an equal opportunity kind of person.) The kids also made a couple trips outside to play in the sandbox.

At about 4 o'clock I picked up the pace and made up our dinner. I prepped the pork chops and when Matt got home we broke out the charcoal grill for the first time this spring/summer season. Dinner turned out delicious and I was so hungry that I didn't get any pictures before I devoured it. You'll just have to check out the links to see pictures. I made Peach and Red Onion relish to put over the grilled pork-chops and also a Watermelon and Feta salad to compliment. I really liked it and so did Daddy and Lauren. Lauren ate everything...even her salad (once I topped it with Ketchup) she did have a couple extra spoonfuls of feta. Unlike Lauren, I don't think I ever asked for "more feta cheese please" as a kid. =) Tyler on the other hand started off eating all his watermelon. He wanted more but I told him he had to have a piece of pork chop (1/8 by 1/8 in. piece) but he refused so all he had was a small bowl of watermelon. He'll eat a good breakfast tomorrow.

After dinner I talked Dana into going to the YMCA with me. I talked her into doing some cardio and then she talked me into doing some weight machines. If I can only talk her into getting a membership I think we can really compliment each other by going together. At the gym Dana and I rode the Expresso bike and I LOVED it. This was a 3-D experience and had I wanted to I could link up the to internet and possibly race other riders. I chose a coastal ride and I will definitely be doing this again.

The kids were in bed when I got home and Matt was/is downstairs playing the Monday night poker game so I haven't heard how their evening went. I'm sure it was bliss for the kids because they sure love their Daddy.

At home I showered off and then went to Dana's house to help her dye her hair. I almost had her sign a waiver saying she still had to be my friend if I botched it but as far as I can tell (her hair was still wet) I did a good job. We'll see tomorrow as we've agreed to go to lunch together.

Tomorrow will be a busy day so check back then. I'll try and take some pictures to share too. Sorry about the text only post tonight. Be sure to check out the links for some visuals.

No comments: