Sunday, June 8, 2008

just keeping cool

It was a warm weekend in Atlanta. Highs were in the upper 90s and it was HoTTT. We did our part to stay cool by enjoying various indoor air-conditioning systems. On Saturday we separated; Lauren and Daddy went to Home Depot to buy some more plumbing/bathroom items and Tyler and I went to Old Navy to use Matt's birthday gift card. We got Daddy a couple pairs of much needed flip flops and then got Tyler 3 pairs of shorts and some shirts. Unfortunately, Tyler doesn't get any hand-me-downs from the neighbors so his wardrobe is always falling short.

Back home the kids napped, I did a good hard workout and Matt worked on the basement bathroom. Later we had Morgan come over (she had previously called and asked if she could baby-sit...so we just had to oblige.) Matt and I went to Mama Lucia's. We tried out their new location and although the food was delicious...the atmosphere just wasn't the same. Their old location felt more quaint and intimate while this new one seemed more generic and chain- restaurant-like. I guess we're just becoming foodie snobs in our old age.

After dinner we walked down the outdoor mall "Ashley Park" and stopped in DSW shoes. Both Matt and I found some flip flops we just couldn't do without. After that stop we weren't quite ready to head home so we met some friends at Taco Mac for a night cap.

When we got home Morgan had filled out a "Babysitter's Report Record." In this, she jotted down what the kids did and ate and basically wrote 3 paragraphs describing their evening together. It was pretty cool. Sounds like the kids had a lot of fun and did a lot more than just watch tv all night.

Today was a typical Sunday for us. I made up the weekly menu and then did the weeks grocery shopping. Of course Matt had to make his (almost daily) trip to Home Depot. For dinner I made Chicken and Pasta with Asparagus and Lemon. It was delicious. I love the lemon flavor to the sauce and it wasn't too overwhelming at all. This is from my Cooks Illustrated magazine I get. (I can't find the recipe on-line but will scan and e-mail if requested. We also had some left over Bisquick biscuits as a side.
After dinner I gave Lauren a tattoo and then we headed outside to have our snack.
We had the last of the chocolate bars. Good thing we ate them outside because Tyler got his all over the place. It was such a huge mess that we ended up hosing off the back deck and the kids when they were finished.

Afterwards it was bath and bed for the kids. When the kids were down I met Dana outside for a sweltering walk around the neighborhood. It was oven warm and a bit humid but compared to the temp from the day it was a perfect time to walk.

Now it's about time for me to get comfy in my pjs and call it a night. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

2 comments:

Dana said...

yes...please forward the recipe all the way next door...looks delish!! i enjoyed our walk....dido tonight?

Christine said...

remind me and I'll copy it off for you. you know my memory is all of 5 min. long these days.