Thursday, June 19, 2008

welcome Mavis

After I finished volunteering at church Tyler was able to pick a toy out of the miscellaneous/mismatched toys box from the preschool room. He chose a train and knew it was "Mavis" just by looking at it. Mavis kept both the kiddos entertained the rest of the day. She was so popular that I had to set the timer for 5 min. so the kids could take turns playing with her. We did this many many times. Finally Tyler stopped crying when it was Lauren's turn to play with her. He did have to sit on the sofa quite a few times until he stopped crying though. I won't be doing that tomorrow. Hopefully her "newness" will have worn off by then. Sorry I didn't get a picture of her but check out this website to learn all about her.

Since I owed Casey some money from the last time she baby-sat I had her come back over to watch the kids while I went to my community group. It was good to get together with other people from church but I wish I would feel more comfortable to talk about personal things, thoughts and questions I have. Hopefully as I keep going I will feel more comfortable. I put in a prayer request for my solo plane trip across the country with the kids this Sunday.

When I got back home Casey told me the kids did just fine. She said she couldn't find Tyler's "blankie" though. Oops. His spare is in the wash and I had his poor blankie in the car with me. She said he didn't cry and just went to bed anyway. Wow! After Casey left I took his blankie in his room and he was just sitting in bed. It seemed like he was waiting for me/the blankie. I laid it on his pillow and he immediately laid down and closed his eyes. Poor little guy.

And that was my day in a nutshell. I'm pretty tired so I will watch the boob toob for a bit and then go to bed. Tomorrow will be a big day doing laundry and figuring out what I need to pack for my much needed VACATION. whoo hoo. G'night All.

No comments: