Friday, June 6, 2008

it's not fair....

says Lauren every chance she gets. Regardless of whether I won't let her play with Tyler's favorite dump truck or whether I won't let her wrestle with him when he's crying out. It doesn't matter..."it's not fair." This is usually followed up with a cried out "Mommmmmeeeeeeee."

And with that said I'll describe our day....

I was so tired that I didn't hear Matt's alarm this morning. I didn't realize he had slept in until I woke up with a panic at a quarter to seven this morning. I turned to him and asked if he heard his alarm. He said he did and that he was going into work late. He eventually got up, showered and then made us egg sandwiches for breakfast. Yumm!

After breakfast, and after Matt headed off to fight rush hour traffic to work, I showered and then the kids and I headed off to our play date with Miss Nicole and Lauren and Tyler's friend
Abigail. The kids played so well with Abigail that Miss Nicole and I had a great time socializing and hanging out. It was a great playdate. The first of it's kinds since normally my kids prefer to hang out on my lap the whole time.

After the playdate we came home and I made up a box of Macaroni and Cheese for lunch. I served this with a side of applesauce. Lauren only ate her applesauce and informed me that she didn't like Mac-n-cheese. Tyler on the other hand ate all his applesauce, all his mac-n-cheese and then finished up Lauren's un-eaten mac-n-cheese plus the rest of the box. When it was all said and done he ate the entire box!! of mac-n-cheese. Unbelievable!

After lunch I gave the kids a bath since Tyler is suffering from a major case of diaper rash. He had a hard time relaxing in the bath but eventually he was able to settle down and hopefully it helped his sore bottom.

While the kids napped I went into the basement and did a low-impact aerobic dvd (rented from Netflix)...which I considered too low-impact to qualify as a work out so I decided to do a treadmill workout (3 min walking offset with 3 min of incline jogging) during my 60 minute soap opera "General Hospital." After this workout I felt pretty good.

After my workout and after a quick shower I started to make dinner. On the menu tonight was a warm double bean potato salad. I can't find the recipe on-line to link to so you'll have to ask for the recipe or depend on the picture. It was very filling and would have done fine as a single dish meal but I made some Bisquick biscuits to compliment (not pictured.)


The kids got a pickle to compliment their meal however they just had kosher dills. I did find these Jalapeno pickles at the store which are very good and I thought I'd share. After dinner we got our swim suits on and headed down to the bath-water temperature water of our neighborhood pool. Tyler was a complete daredevil and kept insisting on jumping in all by himself. We eventually put a second pair of "floaties" on his to keep him above water.

Lauren on the other hand prefered to play on the side of the pool or on the very first step. Maybe she'll learn from Tyler not to be afraid of the water....someday.

While we were at the pool, Matt got a call to play poker later in the evening.
So when the time came we headed home and got the kids ready for bed so Matt could go...hopefully win some money and ....play poker.

Now they are in bed and I'm watching Ghost Whisperer as I write this post.

Enjoy your weekend y'all.

2 comments:

brian said...

that is a great picture of tyler.

Christine said...

I agree. When we come to visit in 2 weeks we'll have to find a pool so you can teach him to put his arms down (with floaties on) in order to keep his head above water. I'm not sure if they make floaties big enough for you though...you'll just have to wing it. lol.