Tuesday, June 3, 2008

our final day with GG

Today was a somber day. The air was quite humid (and 90 degrees) but it was also filled with the sorrowful knowledge that GG was flying home tomorrow.

The kids played in their newly painted and dried cardboard house. Check out Lauren's very swollen eye. I gave her Benadryl after breakfast and as of this evening it looks much much better. Poor girl.
To take full of advantage of GG's last day I took off during the kids' nap to get my nails done and also a pedicure. I went from the typical square nails to a more oval look. I'm not too fond of them as of yet. They seem almost too "oval" to me. What do you think? (I ask these questions knowing that I hardly get any comments at all....so no hard feelings if you just read this and never comment. hmph.)

I got home in time from the nail salon to watch General Hospital. I'm pretty sure that GG is addicted by now and will go home and watch this daily. This would be a good thing because GH is seriously the ONLY life like soap that's worth watching. All agreed?!


For dinner I made Chicken with Capers.

This was very tasty. GG, Matt and I loved it and even Lauren and Tyler cleaned their plates. Of course to their plates I added strawberries and cherry tomatoes. For dessert I made my first attempt at Lemon Bars. GG tells me my mom makes a very delicious Lemon Bars but she's neglected to give me her recipe. The ones I made tonight are just so so...so no pics or recipe. =)

After dinner the kids went out to play and color with chalk while I vacuumed and GG dusted. The kids and Daddy! came up with some great chalk art. Very much photo worthy.

"Salty"

"Henry and his tender"

Later it was bath and story time for the kids. We're still working on bedtime and it appears I'm going to have to sign off this posting and put the kids to bed. Have a good evening and pray for a safe trip home for GG tomorrow.


No comments: