Thursday, June 5, 2008

quick post tonight

I'm pretty tired so will keep this short and sweet. Yesterday we took GG to the airport and am happy to say she made it home safely and without any difficulty. I spent the rest of the day in mourning. And when I wasn't mourning I ate. I ate a ton yesterday but at least I got a good workout in. The kids played outside a lot. In the sandbox on the back deck and then in the driveway with chalk later. We added Thomas to our sidewalk chalk art.

For dinner I made a Summer Veggie and Pasta Salad. It had penne pasta, sugar snap peas, zucchini and tomatoes with a white wine vinegar and dijon mustard sauce. It was good, even the kids ate a bunch of it.




This morning we went to church so I could volunteer. The child care workers were happy to see Lauren since this is the first Thursday she's come with me. Normally she's at school. The kids played in the playground while I helped to set up for Sunday school. On our way home we stopped in the grocery store for a few staples and both kids were perfect angels. Back home it was lunch and a nap. I have been tired all day!

After nap the kids played outside while I made dinner.

We had Shrimp and Linguine fra diavolo from the food network site. My sister-in-law and mom had made this earlier and recommended it. I looked it up and fra diavolo means "brother devil" in Italian. must be due to the spicy red pepper flakes.kids serving...the first one. Lauren had 3rds of the pasta and Tyler cleaned his plate. I guess it wasn't too spicy for them.
After dinner we went to our community group meeting and then back home for bed. I can't wait to go to bed tonight. Hopefully this tired funk I've been in will clear up tomorrow. I will definitely work out to get some more energy. G'night all.

No comments: