Friday, June 20, 2008

title undecided

It's between the following:
1) Summer is Here!
2) Only 2 More Days Until Vacation!
3) Congrats General Hospital for winning the EMMY for Best Drama Series! (as you all agree...not a big surprise.)

I think I'll go with number 3. So let's continue....

Well it's the 1st day of summer and we only have 2 more days to go until our vacation. I'm for the most part looking forward to it but just can't get over my anxiety about our plane trip over. I'm sure it will go just fine and the worst part will end up being the time I'm currently spending worrying about it.

This morning we went to a Family Park Day with the Mom's club. This was at a park in Senoia, GA. This was the first time I had ever actually driven into Senoia (pronounced Se-NOY by the locals) It was a beautiful little town with a recently renovated downtown area. I'm looking forward to going back soon to just walk around and check out the shops. The park was large with many different play areas to appeal to kids of all ages. There were lots of trees so it made the experience quite enjoyable to be able to be in the shade. Lauren and Tyler had a lot of fun playing with Abigail and Isabella from their playgroup.

Here's a pic of the 4 of them together.
Lauren and Tyler playing in the red "school house."
We also did a craft with puffy paint. Tyler had no interest and chose to hunt for leaves and pine cones but Lauren really enjoyed coloring in a flower mold with the paint.

For lunch we went down the street to the Redneck Gourmet . There is one in Newnan and Senoia but I hadn't gone before today. It was a pretty smooth experience. We went with our playgroup (Isabella and Abigail, along with their Moms and Isabella's older brother and sister.) Lauren had quite the attitude at first (all because Abigail's mom, Miss Nicole had a bag of chips and Lauren decided she wanted them instead of her french fries) But eventually she started eating and finished all of her food for the most part. We did take enough leftovers home for the kids to eat for dinner.

Back home the kids went down for a nap and I did a Netflix rented workout by Nancy Marmorat. Although the last workout dvd of hers I rented was tearfully horrible, I thought this one was okay. Maybe I felt sorry for her but I actually did think I got a toning/stretching workout in. I wasn't completely convinced that I got enough exercise so I ended up doing a General Hospital speed walk. (60 min.; 4.5mph; 2% incline)

For dinner I made red snapper (fish) and veggies baked in an airtight tin foil package. The fish turned out delicious but the veggies tasted like the white wine it was cooked in. I do like white wine but not the taste of veggies drenched in it. So once again...no link to tonight's recipe. The veggies that I didn't bake with the snapper, I sauteed with olive oil and seasoned with Adobo, Garlic Salt and Greek Seasoning...now those turned out DELISH.

After dinner I cleaned up while Lauren and Tyler played on the back deck. Lauren filled up a bucket with water from her Hello Kitty Water Jug and then went into the back yard to find leaves, grass, rocks, pine cones etc. etc. .....to see if they would sink or float. She had such a fun time doing this that I'm upset I didn't get a picture.

Finally it was time for PJs, books and bed. They both got to talk to Daddy on the phone before bed and this was the first time that Lauren really talked to him on the phone. It was an actual back and forth conversation. I was very proud and I know her Daddy really enjoyed it too.

I'm sure he's very excited to come home tomorrow and see his adorable kids and most beautiful wife. =)

Till then....'night y'all.

No comments: