Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Way to Go Celtics

I started to write this last night and the title was Go Celtics but my computer was giving me so many problems that I thought I should just shut down before I threw it out the window. So this morning I now know the Celtics won, hence the title change.

On Monday Matt didn't go in to the office before his trip out of town. Instead we ran some important grooming errands. I needed to get my nails and toes done and the kids needed hair-cuts. To save time Matt took the kids to get trimmed while I was at USA Nails. To ensure Tyler didn't come back with a buzz cut I wrote explicit instructions to the stylist on a napkin in the car..."no buzz cut" and a request to layer Lauren's bangs and hair. We decided to try a new place. We normally go to Snip-Its. (a specially-for-kids salon) It's colorful, has TVs, music, prizes and they charge a bit more for their cuts but the employees (at least where we go) don't seem to put much effort into making it an exciting experience. They actually don't really seem to like their job much at all. So to try something new and hopefully save some money we took them to Great Clips (there are one of these or something like it on almost every corner.) Matt said he was very impressed. He said he had to be by Tyler who was bit nervous so Lauren was on her own. He said L talked and talked to the stylist and had a great time. She even let her blow dry her hair. I really liked how they cut her hair too. We may have found a new place (and it was half the price of the premium kids salon.) How's that for a long winded description of a hair cut? and no pics to follow up.

Matt almost got off on his work trip without a hitch. Due to an accident on the Interstate he was 5 min. late for his flight. Luckily he only had to wait 1 1/2 hours for the next flight. He made it to Panama Beach, FL for a meeting and then Tuesday he flew to his conference in DC.

Tuesday morning I wanted to take the kids to see Mr. Magorium's Magic Emporium. The Georgian Cinema's offer free movies during the summer for kids and this is the one playing this month. When I drove by I saw 4 buses parked outside and long long lines of kids. I just kept driving. Maybe we'll try again when it's a cartoon and I'm sure the kids would really enjoy it. Instead we went to a bookstore and made it in time for their story-time. It was pretty cool. 1) Lauren and Tyler were the only kids there and got to pick their books and 2) they had the coolest Thomas train set the kid's have ever seen. We stayed there for over an hour playing and I found a couple of activities and books to pull out on the plane trip this Sunday.

Story-time...a Thomas book by request

Tyler really loved playing with Harold. I think he needs one.



Since Matt was out of town we had a Christine-style dinner. fruits and veggies. I did throw in some left over chicken from yesterday. Corn on the cob, cukes, red pepper slices and carrot sticks with honey mustard dip and hummus, watermelon and chicken bites. The kids LOVED the corn on the cob. They each ate a whole one (2 halves.)


After dinner Miss Casey came over to watch the kids while I went to the neighborhood pool for a Mom's Night Out pool party with the Mom's club. There were about 8 of us there and we had a good time. I brought some veggies and dips and also made Oatmeal Raisin bars. We're trying to plan a Wii Rockband night for the next one.

Hope everyone's having a good week.

No comments: