Monday, June 2, 2008

just another (not so) manic monday

We started off the day by heading off to Atlanta to have lunch with Matt. We went to Whole Foods Market and had their stromboli (GG and I) and pizza (Matt and the kids). When we pulled into the parking lot Tyler started chanting "coo-KIE." I wasn't aware that he recognized the Whole Foods parking lot as the place where he gets cookies after eating a good lunch. It was pretty cute.

Back home and after a nap Lauren woke up with a swollen eye. After some inspection I determined it to be a small bug-bite on the outside of her eye lid causing the inflammation. Poor girl swells up like her Mama. I gave her some Benadryl but it stayed swollen until bedtime. It didn't really bother her much after she got used to not being able to open it all the way. Here she is on the sofa "getting used to it."




When Daddy got home he sat on the sofa with the kids and put his feet up after a hard day of work. Tyler, always wanting to be like his Daddy, put his feet up too. I just couldn't pass up this picture opportunity. ...way too sweet.
Despite having a fridge full of leftovers from yesterday's meal I decided to make something new. I made Ravioli w/ zucchini and green onions and also spoon bread. I'm not finding the recipes on the internet to link to so if you're interested, let me know. The ravioli dish was just so-so but the spoon bread was a good idea. I'm thinking of trying it with just regular corn bread. It just looks pretty cool in a dish.


Here's a close-up of the spoon bread.


After dinner Matt went to Home Depot to pick up some more plumbing tools. (Remember, his big project of late is the bathroom in the basement.)

While he was gone I brought the cardboard house outside for some paint and decorations. The kids had fun coloring, painting, stamping and stickering the house.


even GG got into the fun

It was a nice warm evening and as long as the breeze kept up it was comfortable sitting out on the back deck.

At about 7:30 we headed inside to clean up, have a snack, get PJs on, brush teeth, read 4 books and then off to bed for the kiddos.

Currently GG and I are watching the Bachelorette (who is from Newnan, GA) and Matt is across the street...hopefully...winning at poker.

g'night all.

No comments: