Friday, June 13, 2008

"it's not fair," says Tyler

Tyler has been talking a lot more recently...or maybe it's just the fact that he's more understandable now. His favorite phrases are "it's not fair" (regardless if it makes sense) and "don't do that." It's funny and scary at the same time. I don't want my baby to grow up quite yet but apparently he's doing it anyway.

This morning we had our Friday playdate. This week we were at Miss Cynthia's house.
She has 2 boys, Kyle (about 4) and Seth (about 2). Miss Nicole was there with Abigail as well. For the first hour my kids played right by my side but the second hour they relaxed a bit and played in the play room and also played with their friends.

After playgroup we all held our breaths as I drove to the gas station. The "low fuel" light has been on for a couple of trips now. Well I made it to Kroger where I get a 10 cent per gallon discount, keep in mind. The fill cost me over $90. I never thought this would happen...maybe I'm dating myself but c'mon....I remember thinking it outrageous when we spent $50 to fuel up when we first got the denali. Here's proof of our purchase. I was in shock and had to document the event with a picture.


On our way home we picked up some Taco Bell for lunch. My last batch of bread didn't turn out and so we didn't have much at home for lunch. I had bean burritos and the kids had TB's newest item...the cheesy roll-ups. Yumm and yuck at the same time.

While the kids napped I did a GH workout and then made a new batch of bread. I'm happy to say that this loaf turned out much better.

After the kids woke up Joshua (he's probably 5 years old and lives across the street..Morgan's little brother) came over and asked if he could play. I sent all of them outside to play in the sandbox and later had them come inside to have a snack...apple slices and animal crackers. Lauren really enjoyed his visit. She stuck by his side the whole time. Here's a picture of her watching him play her Leapster video game.

Tonight was my Bunco night so I told Matt him and the kids were on their own for dinner. He opted to take them back to the Mellow Mushroom. I sent the camera with him to take a few shots but he said his hands were full the entire time. I guess the kids did okay but they weren't quite perfect angels for him. I'll have to ask him for more details later.

I had a good time at Bunco. I didn't win any money but enjoyed the time chatting with the ladies.

And for the last shot on the camera....
Matt discovered his Father's Day present which wasn't hidden well enough and so we let him open it. The kids (I) got him some Molasses Clove cookies from Dancing Deer Bakery. I heard about this bakery from one of the blogs I love to read and wanted to try them out. Matt enjoyed his present even though it was a few days early.


And now I'm off to brush my teeth and get to bed. We have a lot to do this weekend before Matt heads out of town.

No comments: