Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"how many dark naps until Daddy gets home?"

That would be 3 more, Lauren. This morning Tyler asked me if "Daddy home?" Not yet, Tyler. And then Lauren asks daily, how many dark naps until Daddy comes home. So although he's working out of town he's always in our hearts and thoughts. (cheesy but true)

Today was a beautiful day. The temps were in the 80s so it would have been a great day to get outside and do something but other than play in the sandbox we stayed close to home. I was getting mentally and physically prepared for our trip back home next week. I can't wait. The only sad thing is we'll only see Matt for one day. He gets back from his conference on Saturday and the kids and I leave on Sunday. We'll be sure to have a high quality day together when he gets home. He'll be out West with us soon enough though.

I don't have much else to say about today so I'll just describe it from the pics I took.

This morning we had to do the obligatory Thomas video. This was Tyler's preferred pose of the day. He loves to cross his leg over his knee. Too cute!



While Tyler watched a Thomas DVD, Lauren actually acted it out on the train set. This was a big pile up that Thomas had to come save the day.
One of my favorite t-shirts Tyler has....


Dinner was Ziti pasta with pancetta, green beans and basil. It was light, easy and really just okay. It was good but not to die for so no link to the recipe.

We had a special bath time tonight in my big bathtub. The kids loved all the bubbles and didn't want to get out.

On our way back downstairs to read books, Lauren insisted on helping Tyler down the stairs. She's such a loving and caring sister. And I'm sure Tyler knows how lucky he is...if not she's gonna remind him every chance she gets.

1 comment:

brian said...

its official. i have the cutest niece and nephew. i'm looking forward to increasing my uncle status and furthering my distance from Kevin. see you soon.