Tuesday, June 10, 2008

busy busy day

This morning I woke up before Matt did!! He did his usual "sleep in Tuesday after the Monday night poker game" routine. I got up early because I had to get ready to do an Intro to Cycle class at the YMCA at 8:15am!! Instead of bringing the kids along I had Morgan come over to the house to keep them instead. She's been such a good sport about requesting baby-sitting jobs that I love to oblige whenever possible.

So come to find out, this "intro to cycling" is no intro class at all. It was T-U-F-F. I looked at the clock only 15 min. into the class and thought there was no way I was going to be able to finish it. But somehow I persevered. I felt awesome afterwards...but it was sure torture to get to that feeling. Honestly though, that feeling is a bit addictive and I can't wait until I can do it again. (not tomorrow though...tomorrow will definitely be an easy workout day.)

Back home I paid Morgan and then showered, leaving just enough time to meet Dana at the Mellow Mushroom for lunch. The kids had a HUGE piece of pizza each and I had a half of a greek salad and a half of a tempeh & feta hoagie. It was all delicious. We all were basically licking our plates clean. Dana was pretty surprised at how much Lauren and especially Tyler ate. She said he ate enough to "put a horse to sleep." How right she was because Tyler was asleep by the time we got home...a 15 min. drive at the most.

Here are pictures of my big kids getting into their car seats by themselves. Lauren has been doing this for awhile but this is new for Tyler. He climbs in while saying "me do it" over and over. He's gotten pretty good.


Back home the kids went down for a nap and I got ready for yet another adventure. At 2pm Morgan came back over to watch the napping kids while I rode along to the Atlanta State Farmers Market with some ladies from church. I was in awe at this market. Kyndra and Stacy told me that the market was no where near capacity but I still saw so many aisles (street size aisles) of different fresh produce for very little money. (i.e. red bell peppers for 75 cents; whole watermelons for $3) I didn't buy anything since I already purchased the weeks produce at the grocery store but I plan on going back asap. Kate and I are already figuring out how to fit our double strollers and all 4 kids w/ car seats into my car. It can be done!

At home Morgan had filled out another baby-sitters report card and said the kids did great yet again. They played hide-and-seek and also in the sandbox. I'm so relieved to hear that they don't just watch tv the whole time.

After Morgan went home I made a quick dinner. Hummus and Vegetable Wraps.

Take a 10in. tortilla and spread with 1/3 c. hummus. Add sliced raw yellow pepper, sliced tomato, sliced avocado (I left out on mine of course), alfalfa sprouts, salt and pepper and roll up tightly. It was quick, easy and very good. Matt, however, thought it could use some chicken. (as expected...grain of salt [wink])

Shortly after we finished dinner one of the neighbor boys came over to do a "no obligation to buy" presentation about Cutco Cutlery. He did a good job and we ended up buying a little something. We were pretty impressed with the quality. And we sure made his day with our purchase!

After he left, Matt and I switched things up. I gave the kids their bath and Matt read them their bedtime stories. We thought we'd try alternating who gives the baths since Matt has been the sole bather ever since I've been pregnant with Tyler.

Here's some pics of story time.

After the kids were in bed and the temps cooled into the 80s, Dana and I did an after dark walk around the neighborhood. We even jogged a couple of times. I love having a partner in fitness...be it Dana or Kate (she's a new friend from church). This way I'll be sure to lose the last of the baby-weight that technically can't be called baby weight anymore.

No comments: