Saturday, June 14, 2008

free time

The kids are napping and I still have a few minutes before it's time to fix dinner so I thought I'd take a break from surfing the blogs and post about our morning/afternoon. First I should say that I found a pretty funny blog today that you might want to check out in all your free time. The Lawson's Did Dallas The author of the blog is pretty witty, funny and has a 2 year old son. I guess we have somethings in common. I'm a bit disappointed that my blog is not as witty as hers...maybe I'll work on that.

This morning I wrote out the weekly menu and made up the grocery list while Matt and the kids played "crash cars" in the basement. They love to play crash cars with Daddy. Tyler is still a bit afraid of the noisy cars (they rev up when you shake them and then take off on the track when you set them down.)

At 10am I took off for my hair appointment. It was time to get rid of the 2 inch dark brown grow out that is oozing out of my head. I would think after high-lighting my hair for so long that it would learn...but then Miss Cary would be out of $125 every 6 weeks. Anyway, I love my color and cut (the cut is the same as last time.) I took 4 pictures of myself but according to me I looked way too tired to post them on the blog. I'm also lacking make-up today so that might be part of it. Anyway, imagine your favorite movie star (tired and without make-up) and it pretty much looks just like that.

While I was getting my hair done the kids and Daddy watched the movie "Cars" Lauren said that Tyler really likes this movie and she wanted Daddy to play it for him. She's so sweet...most of the time.

After I got home we had lunch and then headed to Home Depot and the grocery store. I had them drop me off at the grocery store to save some time. I gave both Tyler and Lauren the option to go with me or go to Home Depot with Daddy. Lauren shouted out an adamant "DADDY!!" but my sweet darling favorite little boy in the world, Tyler happily chose me and the grocery store. How I love that boy! =) Although it was slightly more difficult with him (he kept telling me "I need that" to everything he saw and wanted to put everything I took off the shelf into the cart himself...which was fine but just took some time and mommy finesse to make sure nothing was broken) he was for the most part wonderful and I felt so special to be chosen over the almost-always-preferred-over-mommy-DADDY. After we were done Daddy and Lauren picked us up. They found a sink faucet and shower head for the basement bathroom.

sink faucet

shower headthe basement bathroom that [obviously] is nowhere near ready for them. ha ha ha

Just a quick jab at Matt. But knowing him...this unfinished project will burn a hole in his pocket? and he will finish it in no time at all. ...after his work trips and after our summer vacation of course.

Back home now the kids are napping and Matt is mowing the neighbors' lawns. He mowed ours yesterday so he only had 2 to do today.

And finally to close (as I hear movement upstairs) I'd like to share my disgusts at 1) unleaded gas prices and 2) our over-sized and yet NEEDED big gas guzzling vehicle by re-posting this picture from the gas station yesterday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine and Family!
I figured out how much you just spent per gallon and it came out to 3.89/gal. I just wanted to tell you how luck you are because here in Salem we are paying 4.17+/gal. It cost us 128.00 to fill up our gas guzzling pickup. :-)