Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm ready for breakfast

This is Tyler waiting for his breakfast. He pulls the big chair out by himself and then climbs into his booster seat and sits...not very...patiently for me to fix his breakfast. He had chocolate Chex cereal which he called "chocolate milk." Plus he had a banana and a slice of toast. Both kids were great eaters today. Since we didn't really do anything else today I'll just focus on the food.

For lunch the kids had 1/2 a peanut butter and honey sandwich, strawberry yogurt, grapes, strawberries and another 1/2 banana each. (I think this was all...both seemed to by hungry to no end today.)

For dinner we had Dana and kids over again. My recipe was for "Two Pea Pasta with Ricotta and Tarragon" from my Everyday Food magazine. Dana brought over some cubed chicken, salad and garlic bread to go with it. It was a good dinner. The chicken really carried it through though. Not sure how good the recipe would have been without the added meat. Dana also brought over the fixings for a Lemon Cake. (which called for Lemon Jello, which I thought was weird, which Dana thought was weird that I didn't have any lemon jello just sitting in my pantry????) Regardless, it was deliciously dense and very good. At first Tyler didn't want any but once he took that first bite he was hooked and ate even more than I did.

And that pretty much sums up our day. I'm off to try and make a dent in the Tivo'd shows I need to watch before they get deleted. G'night to all.

No comments: