Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Grilled Caramelized-Onion Pizza with Rosemary, Olives, and Prosciutto

I thought I'd focus on tonight's dinner for the blog because 1. it was very good and 2. I don't have any other pictures. I'm still very re-excited about my bread machine and I'm on a pizza kick lately. In fact, we are going to have 3 different types of pizza in the next few days because it is pizza week for us. This onion and prosciutto pizza was delish. After I took this picture I put it back in the oven to brown the prosciutto and when it came out I topped it with a few spoonfuls of sour cream. Very YUMMY! This and the other pizza recipes I'm going to try are all from Shape Magazine's May 2008 issue.

And in other highlights of the last two days.... Yesterday Matt had a business dinner to go to and I had to get my hair cut (chopped the back off...so it's short again like it was) so we had Casey come over for a couple of hours. I left them all eating dinner so the kids didn't really care that I was leaving. They had fun and were totally wired when I got home.

Today I decided we needed to get out of the house. Since I needed a few things from the grocery store we packed up our Thomas DVD and headed up to Trader Joe's in Atlanta. Matt was in a meeting during lunch so we didn't get to see him but we got a lot of neat things at TJs. Chocolate covered raisens and balloons were the highlights of the kids trip. I got a cool looking enchilada sauce to try in tomorrow's Pineapple and Black Bean enchiladas I'm making for our Community Group's Mexican night.

A fun surprise tonight was that our friend from Eugene, Jasen, came into town on business. We insisted he stay with us instead of a hotel. The kids got a kick out of him even though Lauren kept calling him Mr. Brad. I guess we don't have many friends who come to stay with us. Thanks for the love Mr. Brad. He'll be here until Sunday when he flies home to St. Louis. We have Casey coming back on Saturday to watch the kids so we can go do something adult for a change. Probably just dinner and a movie but we'll make sure it's at least a PG-13 movie. =)

No comments: