Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy Hump Day



It was a beautiful, dare I say perfect, spring day. 75 degrees and low humidity. Since I don't have allergies I was able to thoroughly enjoy it. Others I'm sure suffered since the pine tree pollen has left a blanket of yellow over everything.

We had a play-date today at Miss Kyndra's house. A few of us mom's from the community group from church decided to get together and let our kids play. There were 5 kids total and 3 adults. It was nice to have some adult conversation even though Lauren and Tyler were both pretty clingy with me. I finally got some breathing room when we sat down for some snacks. chocolate chip muffins and oatmeal cookies and even string cheese too.

Back home we had a tiny lunch and then it was nap-time. I went down to the basement and did a cardio step aerobic video. Surprisingly it was a good workout even though I was dodging the ceiling fan for part of it.

When Tyler woke up from his nap today he came out of his room on his own and went right into Lauren's room. (who was still sleeping she tells me.) He woke her up!! I guess he was just getting an accomplice to go downstairs with him. I didn't see them until they both came downstairs together. I thought it was pretty funny.

For dinner I made Stuffed Poblanos and Cilantro Lime Rice. The poblanos at the grocery store were the size and width of my pinky so I bought banana peppers and a green bell pepper instead. I figured I could stuff more vegetarian filling in them. Matt said the dinner was delicious but just needed a little chicken. (he says this about any meatless meal I make.) I thought it was good too and the banana peppers added just the right amount of spice. Tyler didn't eat much but he offered some to Thomas. (he wore his Thomas shirt yet again today...but thoroughly got it dirty while we were playing outside after dinner...so it is headed for the wash.)

After dinner we walked the neighborhood and played in our greening yard. Then bath, books and bed. Matt is off at a poker buddie's house for yet another poker game tonight. This is his 2nd game already this week and that's his limit. Hopefully he wins tonight.

2 comments:

brian said...

is Lauren saying "SUPERSTAAAR" in any of those pictures?

Christine said...

she's all about superstar! I just asked her to smile at the camera.