Monday, April 7, 2008

Thomas and Friends

Tyler wore the same shirt 2 days in a row. His one and only, favorite, Thomas t-shirt. Matt got him dressed on Sunday and since I didn't put his shirt in the dirty clothes Saturday night he grabbed it when he woke up and had Matt put it on him. Then this morning when I went into his bedroom he was saying "Thomas and Friends" over and over while pointing at his closet. By this time his shirt was in the dirty clothes hamper and I didn't let him wear it. He was pretty upset and when I suggested his Mickey Mouse t-shirt he just said "No". I did wash Thomas today so if he's adamant tomorrow I suppose I'll put it on him.

Tonight Dana called me to say her kids were at Grammy's and Buddy was working late in Atlanta and asked if I wanted to do some shopping with her. She talked me into skipping the gym and we went all over and I didn't spend much money at all. (good thing) We finished our evening with a shared dessert at LongHorn. It was good but huge. 6 different types of chocolate. It was fun to get out and spend some time with a girlfriend. Now I'm home and Matt is downstairs enjoying and hopefully winning the Monday night poker game.

Advice request to follow... Lauren has started to say a word that sounds exactly like "oh crap". Neither Matt nor I say this...ever...but we're pretty sure this is what she's saying. After hearing this a few times I told her that wasn't a nice word. And now she says it even more. Today I started saying "oh quack" every time she says it hoping that will take the fun out of saying it. Any advice on what to do? ignore or reprimand??

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Christine--

I don't know if it will work for you, but I'll tell you what I do with Hillary. I tell her it dosent'sound pretty and that she has such a pretty mouth. I say it would be sad to have ugly words come out of it. It's how I really feel and she seems to get it.

Christine said...

Thanks Ellen. I'll try that next. It's been an everyday thing so I'm sure I'll be trying it tomorrow. And your right Mom (he needs more THOMAS) I've been looking for Thomas anything. I bought him Thomas swim trunks today at Target with Dana. It's a 3T so it will be Thomas pants for awhile but should last a bit longer. Thanks for the suggestions...keep them coming.

brian said...

wash her mouth out with soap. repeat as necessary. sometimes tough love is the best love.

Christine said...

tough love?! what do you know about tough love? lol

brian said...

ha. i read about it in a book somewhere.