Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The grass is getting greener!
















It just happened this past week. Spring is in the air...or at least in the ground.
The dormant dead grass we have here during the winter in the south is finally coming back to life. After Matt clips off the top we should have a very nice lush looking yard.

Tonight Matt is at a conference at a hotel near the airport. Today they are having their dinner and social functions. I tried to go but our baby-sitters are all out of town due to spring break. It looked like a lot of fun with a dj, prizes, fortune-teller?! and of course and open bar. Oh well. I had a good time mopping the floor and spending the evening with the kiddos. (maybe just the evening with the kiddos to be honest.)

I absolutely hate mopping the hard wood floors. Clean with vinegar, rinse with water and then hand dry. Painstakingly time consuming. But, I LOVE the feel of freshly cleaned hard wood floors. They almost feel velvety. (or maybe I'm just enjoying the lack of grimy build up that's been accumulating since I last mopped...I don't even remember when.)

Well Tyler wore his Thomas t-shirt today but it wasn't his initial idea. Lauren is the one who suggested it when we were getting dressed. We did watch the Thomas and Friends cartoon about 3 times today though.

Instead of a nap, Lauren now has quiet time. She gets to pick out a couple of books and a toy (which is usually her Leapster game) and go into her room for a couple of hours for quiet time. We've been doing this for a few days now and she's ended up napping every time but I'm attempting to ween her from the nap. I started doing this because she's been restless at nights when it's bedtime. She'll go down at 8pm but will open and shut her door and just make noise in her room. I'm thinking she's getting over the need to nap...or at least getting close. People tell me that I should be thankful because I got a couple more years of naps our of her than most people.

That's about it for our day. If you notice on the right side of the blog I added an intake and output section. This is simply so I can be accountable for what I eat and how much I exercise. I'm ready to finally lose that "baby weight" (not sure if I can still call it that) and enjoy the summer at the beach and pool in a bathing suit. 10 pounds to go...I'll keep you posted.

No comments: