Thursday, April 24, 2008

Anyone up for a grass fight?


Today was another beautiful day. I hear the rain is coming though. This morning Matt got to sleep in since he had a day trip planned to Coosa Pines, Alabama. He cooked us breakfast...2 fried eggs each for the kids and they were still hungry so had a bowl of cereal and a 1/2 banana each. Crazy kids. Lauren had school and Tyler and I went to church so I could help out with the Sunday school prep. I could only stay for about 30 min. because I had a Mom's club monthly meeting to attend. Our playgroup was in charge of the kids area this week. This just means that I get to watch the kids while the parents listen to the guest speaker. We were supposed to have a speaker on water safety but apparently she had a personal crisis to take care of and wasn't able to make. I hope everything is okay with her.

Later I baked some bread (since we were out and I didn't want to go to the store) and also made some Pineapple Black Bean Enchiladas for Mexican night at our Community Group. The enchiladas were surprisingly decent. Someone else brought spicier beef enchiladas which were definitely better...but mine competed as a meatless dish. Matt got held up in Coosa Pines so he wasn't able to make the community group. Somehow I talked Jasen into watching the kids for an hour until Matt got home so I could just go and enjoy some food and adult fellowship and not have to worry about the kids. When Matt got home he, Jasen and the kids all went out to a late dinner at Smokey Bones.

The kids came home completely wired and crazy but they were so sweet. Lauren wanted to snuggle and Tyler did too so I got to enjoy a few minutes of snuggle time with my two babies before I sent them off to bed so I could watch the first new episode of Grey's Anatomy since the writer's strike. (I watch way too much TV...)

No comments: