Tuesday, April 29, 2008

is everyone smiling?!

This morning started off as a typical Tuesday. Lauren had school so we had to be on the ball this morning. After we dropped Lauren off Tyler and I came home and went into the basement. He watched a Thomas the Train movie while I worked out on the treadmill. Then we came upstairs and he watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I took a shower. I'm sure it sounds like it was all about me but I assure you, Tyler was quite happy watching all that TV. After my shower I prepared the necessary "juice-water" it takes for Tyler to be happy in a shopping cart (buggy for all you southerners) and we headed to Wal-mart to find a strawberry planter and a beverage holder both for bunko next month. I found neither and am pretty bummed. I'll keep looking though. I'm already stressing about impressing the bunko ladies when I host.

After our naps we had Dana and the kids over for dinner. Once again our men are both out of town. We had a chicken sausage saute with asparagus and thyme over goat cheese grits and some salad and fruit on the side. It was very yummy. Here is a picture of the chicken sausage saute and grits. (we added some green bell pepper which added some texture and taste.)

After dinner the kids played in the sandbox and then played some Clickstart computer games while us mom's cleaned up and chatted about anything and everything. Dana is a great listener and I'm happy to have a friend to hang out with when Matt is out of town.

While they were watching Shep play the computer game I asked them all to smile at the camera. I'm sad to say that Shep is the only one to receive the "big blue ribbon" on that one. No one else seems to get the smiley idea... Oh well, it reflects their personalities at least a little bit.

No comments: