Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lauren and Tyler made pizza...yummm

Since my bread machine is fresh in my mind after making some whole wheat bread yesterday, I thought it might be fun to make some pizza dough and have the kids make a pizza. (part for entertainment and part to encourage them to eat a good dinner.) Well it was successful in both ways. Lauren really enjoyed putting the toppings on the pizza and they both ate a pretty good serving. We're going to make another pizza for lunch during our Friday playdate since this turned out so well.

Today was a busy day for us. Lauren had school and while she was learning about purple, ovals and the letter "Y" Tyler and I went to the gym. I had a great workout. I took a workout idea from one of my fitness magazines which included the bike, step-mill and treadmill. It was an awesome workout but it appears that I had the most fun at the YMCA. When I came to pick Tyler up in the kids area he was laying on his tummy with his blanket and sucking his fingers. They told me he was whiny the whole time. He probably just missed Lauren since he's used to being held in captivity with her most of the time.

After the Y we headed to the post office to mail a couple pairs of shoes we sold on Ebay. At the post office Tyler was crying because I wouldn't let him take his blanket in. An older gentleman in front of us in the line offered to let us go first since he felt bad from Tyler's agony. I accepted because when T's like this you never know what he's going to do....he could break down into the full on fit. Not only did this nice gentlemen give us his place in line but he also came up later and gave us a coupon for a free scoop of ice-cream at Chik-fil-A. Bless his heart. So of course, after the post office Tyler and I headed to Chik-fil-A for our free ice-cream. He was pretty funny eating it. It was too cold for him so he would let it barely touch his lip but he always wanted more. After the ice-cream I ordered two kid's meals and then we were off to pick Lauren up from school and head home for some lunch.

After naps and dinner, Lauren played on the computer while Tyler finished watching a Thomas show. Lauren called me into the computer room after a while asking me to pick up a big mess of receipts that somehow ended up on the floor. I asked her if she accidentally dropped them and she said no. She said, "I didn't do it but my hands did." hmmm.

Later we cleaned up and had our snack. Tonight it was some chocolate from Easter. Tyler told me over and over that it was "delish". He's so cute!

And finally before we went to bed Lauren asked me how many more dark naps until GG is here She's really excited for GG to come on her month long visit. ...as we all are.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

No comments: