Wednesday, April 16, 2008

another Big Brother posting

sorry if I ramble on. =)

Today we went on a Mom's Club field trip to Jumping Jelly Bean. This is another of those inflatable toy warehouses like the one where we had Lauren's birthday party. This was smaller but had a jumping toy with balls in it that Tyler and Lauren loved. Lauren also stepped it up and wanted to play on the bigger toys, even going down a steep slide all by herself. Not sure who was more scared...her or I!! This place is pretty neat in that they have an adult lounge with comfy chairs, coffee, magazines and a window to watch the kiddos. Mine aren't quite comfortable though to play if I'm not within arms reach. Someday. Another cool thing about this place is they have a separate area for the wee little ones where they have some actual toys to play with. The best toy in there...and arguably anywhere...was a Thomas riding toy. Tyler latched on to this and pushed and pulled it all over. He had a fit if anyone else tried to play with it. See the pics.

I didn't get any pictures of the kids jumping because I was jumping right along side them but I did get a picture of Lauren discovering the water fountain. She watched a little friend take a drink and learned pretty quick. Her shirt was sure soaked though.
Back home we made a peanut butter and honey sandwich on homemade wheat bread with a banana, cherry tomatoes and strawberry yogurt for lunch. The famished kids ate great. Then it was a short 2 hour nap. Luckily I was able to get to the basement for a workout and even take a shower and straighten my hair since I won't have time for a shower tomorrow.

After naps Dana came over with fixins for Chicken fajitas. We made these the last time our men were out of town and I think it's a tasty tradition we need to continue. It was fun to chat with her and the kids play so well together. I'm not sure what the draw is but the 4 of them (Shep, 6; Emma, almost 5; Lauren 4 and Tyler 2) were surrounding the sand box on the back deck for about an hour straight. Since the weather was so nice Dana and I brought our cocktails out and joined them on the balcony.

After they left it was a race to get the kids bathed, dressed and in bed. Because, lets face it, Big Brother was on in 30 minutes and I had to be here for the live show. (Yes I know I'm pretty lame...but everyone has their guilty pleasure.)

ps...I haven't gotten any comments in a few posts...thanks Uncle Brian for always being there! You rock.




3 comments:

brian said...

Famished kids huh? Just because you are tryin to cut weight doesn't mean you can neglect my niece and nephew :). I also think you need to buy Tyler some more Thomas the Train toys, poor guy has to go other places to play with his favorite toy.

On a side note, I just read Into The Wild and then bought the movie... pretty good stuff. The author of the book is from Corvallis. Did you know that?

Christine said...

I love the book and the movie. Matt is the one who actually introduced me to the book. He said that is probably one of only 2 books he's read in his life...the other being
"Flags of Our Fathers."

I think the kids are on Thomas overload. Daily they want to watch the Thomas movies we have. Tyler knows all the trains by name.

Christine said...

I didn't know the author was from Corvallis. That's pretty cool.