Thursday, April 17, 2008

show and tell

This is Lauren's show and tell she brought to school. I asked her how it went and she said she got to talk about her cats but that not every one listened. Some people weren't following directions. She also had her 2nd picture day of the year. I guess they do two picture days now so we have to spend more. I'm told we'll be able to view the proofs on the photographers web site but so far she doesn't have them up-loaded. L told me she smiled and even showed me her sweet smile she made for the camera. very cute.

While L was at school Tyler and I went to church to help out with the Sunday school prep. Kate, another volunteer brought me a couple books she thought I'd like to read. "Victoria Victorious" by Jean Plaidy ("the story of Queen Victoria") and "The Forest" by Edward Rutherfurd. We both like to read historical fiction and I had previously lent her my mom's copy (sorry) of "Charleston." While I was getting the lesson ready Tyler was playing with the other kids in the child-care and they got to go outside to play on the playground and enjoy a snack in the warm spring sun.

Back home we had lunch and then the kids napped. Then it was dinner. Dana called saying she had stir fry fixins but I had some shrimp thawed out that I needed to use. She doesn't eat shrimp so we did our own dinners tonight. I made a Shrimp Casserole from an old Southern Living magazine I had. It was good and very filling since it used a whole stick of butter! I served this with applesauce and a cut up tomato. Tyler ate his applesauce (only) and Lauren ate her applesauce, tomatoes, Tyler's tomatoes and all the shrimp out of her casserole. I choose not to fight with the kids over food so I didn't make them eat anymore. Like I've said before they will eat a good breakfast tomorrow. especially Tyler.

Other big news is we booked our trip to Eugene and Boise for the summer. The kids and I will fly out the last week of June and Matt will join us after a week. (I'm very nervous about my first solo trip with the kids!!) Then after a few days we'll head over to Boise on the 4th of July to visit the rest of our family. I'm very much so looking forward to this trip. Luckily we were able to use miles to buy our expensive tickets. This is good since we're always short on money.

Hope y'all enjoy your evening.

No comments: