Monday, April 21, 2008

highlights of my life (since I last posted)

We must start with Bunko on Friday night. I thought it was my lucky day and it turns out it was. I had the most wins and therefore won $15. Whoo hoo. Next month I get to host the game.

On Saturday we ran all our errands. Got the kids hair-cuts (4 inches for Lauren...and also chopped off her baby curly-cues...so sad....)That night we had Miss Morgan from across the street come to watch the kids while we went to a concert to celebrate Buddy's 38th birthday. (can you believe I hang out with somebody so old?! j/k!!...especially if he reads this ....or if anyone older than him does. ok, bases covered...I'll move on [wink].) We saw John Conley live!! He had his concert at Hoofers Gospel Barn and I had a good time even though it seemed I was 40 years younger than the majority of the folks there. I actually recognized his song Common Man and possibly another but the best part is I often thought of my dad that night and how he probably would recognize a lot more than me.

Since you have to drive an hour to get to Hoofers Gospel Barn you don't just go home after the concert. We hit up downtown LaGrange, GA for a night of drinks, pool, jukebox and a final stop at Waffle House. It was an incredibly fun evening even though we got home at 2am. I'm definitely not as young as I used to be because I took 2 naps the next day and didn't leave the house. We did watch American Gangster after the kids went to bed. Good movie. I vaguely remember seeing something about the true story but can't remember when or where. Good movie...(worth repeating.)

And that brings us to today which in fact there's not much to say about it. There was nothing pressing on the agenda so we just played. Indoors and outdoors since it was a beautiful day. (no snow here...not quite sure what's going on in Oregon...I hear there was snow over the weekend.)
Tonight we went to the Y. Me for my step class and Matt did the bike and tread-climber and the kids played. Then it was poker for Matt and the movie Awake for me. (I recommend the movie...even for those who don't like scary...you can turn away at the queasy parts.)

And to close...here's a picture of Tyler showing his Thomas addiction. He makes a "bridge" and then drives Thomas across it...while watching Thomas on TV. ...that's my boy!...

No comments: