Thursday, May 1, 2008

is this a foodie blog?

Flank Steak with Snap-Pea and Asparagus Stir-Fry
my serving (this is actually a small plate even though it looks pretty big in the picture)



the kids version
Dinner was good. I normally have a problem with overcooking any steak I make because I overestimate how long I think it should cook. This time I adjusted a bit and it turned out great. The peas and asparagus were very spicy due to the red pepper flakes and I used beef broth instead of plain water when I cooked the rice. It was (as Tyler says) "delish."

As I look back through my postings I notice I talk a lot about food. It has become a passion for me...trying new recipes and tweaking them occasionally. I'm very blessed that I have the time and support to be able to plan weekly menus and put together healthy meals for my family. Thanks Matt for letting me keep this a priority...along with everything else that staying home to raise my kids entails. And in confessing to being a "foodie" here's a few other blogs I'm "addicted" too.
http://www.carrotsncake.com/
http://goodthymesandgoodfood.blogspot.com/
http://mizfitonline.com/

And since this started off as a blog about the going ons of the fam I suppose I'll mention a bit about our typical Thursday we just had. Lauren had school and learned about the letter "Y". She's pretty excited to finally get to "Z". She's asking me how many naps until they will learn the last letter of the alphabet. Since she only has 2 more weeks of school (4 school days) I assured her it would be very soon. While she was at school Tyler and I went to church so I could volunteer. When I picked him up from the children's area they said that he didn't smile at all. All he said was "no" the whole time. Apparently my kids are a bit on the "not so social" side. Oh well....they're still cute though.

Back home the kids took a nap and I FINALLY finished "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice. I have been reading this book FOREVER. And I have to say I'm soooo disappointed by the ending but I'm very glad to be done with it. My next book will be one that requires no effort or thought.

The kids have had their baths and are in bed now and I'm watching Survivor waiting for Matt to get home. He should be home within the next couple of hours or so.

And tomorrow night we are seeing Seinfeld at the Fabulous Fox Theatre. Matt bought us tickets for my up-coming birthday. YAY!!

No comments: