Wednesday, May 7, 2008

29 and still holding

Happy Birthday to me (yesterday.) Whoo hoo...another year older. It's just not as cool any more. To celebrate, Matt went to the Braves game with some co-workers. I didn't feel like moping at home alone so I went and bought myself a birthday cake and full fat ice-cream and invited Dana and the kids over for dinner and cake. The kids sure enjoyed singing and eating the cake. Lauren called me "Christine" for the first time after hearing Emma and Shep sing "...Happy Birthday Dear Miss Christine..." It sounds really weird when your kids call you by your first name.

I've been running around like crazy the past couple of days. Cleaning and preparing for Bunco. I'd say I was cleaning up for GG's visit but she's family and therefore has to like me. The Bunco ladies don't so I need need need clean baseboards and blinds. Matt thinks I should host every month after seeing how clean and free of extra junk the house is getting.

The kids have been troopers the past couple of days. I'll take breaks to play Candy Land, put together a puzzle and read a story here and there but a lot of the time I'm cleaning something and they're entertaining themselves (or watching Thomas on TV.) Lauren really enjoys helping me out so every chance I get I offer to have her do something. like fetch this or that or dust.

This evening we loaded up the troops and headed out to the airport to pick up GG for her month long visit. The kids were SO! excited to see her. When we got home they were running around like crazy. Lauren was chatting her ear off. We are going to have a ton of fun during this visit. As GG says it will be the trip of a lifetime. I'm sure it will be for everyone.

No comments: