Tuesday, May 20, 2008

thunder storms are so cool

I'm writing this as lightening is flashing and thunder is roaring. There's no fear of a tornado with this storm...it's just a powerful thunderstorm....so cool! Here's a pic I took outside before it came over us. It just looks eerie (even moreso than can be seen in the pic.).

Here's a recap of the past couple of days...if I can remember.

Sunday was a relaxing day for some of us. Matt mowed our lawn and demolished a part of the basement bathroom to get it ready to put in a toilet and shower. Maybe we'll finally finish it...although I'm not looking forward to cleaning yet another bathroom. But it will sure be nice to have a bathroom downstairs for the poker games and also the guest bedroom we have down there. While Matt was so busy I took off alone to get my nails and toes done, buy the weeks groceries and then headed back home to cook dinner. We had a Thai Chicken and Noodle Salad from my stellar Everyday Food magazine that I love so much. The salad was delicious as expected.

GG kept herself busy doing puzzle after puzzle with the kids and also folding about 5 loads of laundry. I tell ya...everyone needs themselves a GG. I'll be so sad and lonely when she's gone.

On Monday, GG decided she needed some new puzzles to do. She couldn't stand to put together the Thomas or Butterfly puzzle one more time. So we loaded up the troops, stocked the juice-water and headed to Fayetteville to Toys R Us. We found 2 Mickey Mouse puzzles to add to our repertoire. After Toys R Us I stopped at a couple more stores but the kids quickly lost interest and became PAINS. Note to self....hit Toys R Us as the last stop in a series when shopping with the kids. Otherwise they don't want to go to anymore stores....duh.

Monday night I went out to dinner with Dana and Mary and Matt had his Monday night poker game. GG got to have the TV all to herself that night.

Today, Tuesday, Matt left early for his flight to Spokane, WA. He'll be there for a couple days. The rest of us hung out at home. We relaxed and took it easy just like we love to do. GG did some research for our upcoming trip to Savannah and I got the main floor vacuumed and got a workout in so it wasn't a completely lazy day. Since our men were out of town (Dana, Mary and myself) we all got together at my house and had fajitas and Puerto Rican rice and a delicious dessert brought my Mary. It was chaotic since we had Mary's two boys - Houston & Cabe, Dana's - Shep & Emma and My - Lauren & Tyler. But thankfully the weather held out and the boys were able to play outside before and after dinner.

When all the company left we quickly got a bath in and GG was able to read 2 books. The kids were so tired at this point that the last half of the 2nd book was read with both of them in tears. I'm sure they'll sleep well tonight...despite all this house rumbling thunder.

Ok...I'm off to watch the season finale of Dancing With the Stars. Night y'all.


Here's a pic of Tyler testing my statement of "stay off the coffee table" He thinks he's so funny.


1 comment:

brian said...

look at that face of satisfaction. the "i can get away with anything" look. atta kid.