Sunday, May 11, 2008

Today was my Birthday

(posted by Matt)

Today was my birthday and it's the first time that I had to actually do the math because I can't remember if I'm 35 or 36. Anyone know? That means I'm getting old.

Even though it's mothers was day we really didn't treat the day any different. This morning we were trying to figure out who had to make breakfast. I mean I would but it's my birthday, and Christine would, but it's mothers day, and GG would but she's a mother too...So it was the kids responsibility. We starved. Seriously, being a mother is much harder than staying alive, so my birthday was secondary and I made breakfast. My kids have the best mom in the world, go ahead and try to argue with me, you'll lose.

We had a mellow day. Christine went grocery shopping while GG and I entertained the kids. I went to Home Depot to get some stuff during the kids nap. Christine is now watching Survivor...you know same old stuff.

Tonight I was supposed to go to see Van Halen with some guys but we all decided we were too lazy and just weren't up for staying out all night and trying to get into work tomorrow. (note: this is another piece of evidence that I'm getting old) Why would Van Halen reschedule (they actually rescheduled twice) for a Sunday night, lame!!! I'm wondering how many people are in the same boat as us and just said forget it. Idiots! Mr. Buddy next door saw them a week ago up north and said it was not the same Van Halen we were used to. I guess David Lee Roth is getting older faster than me and isn't as cool as he used to be.

Anyway, later...

No comments: