Thursday, May 22, 2008

quick post tonight

We have a ton of tv to watch tonight. We have 45 min. left of the movie "There Will Be Blood" and then we have to watch CSI and Without a Trace while Tivo records the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. I'm looking forward to the summer when I'm not tied down to the TV so much.

This morning GG got her hair done by my hair stylist Cary. It was just a wash and set but still a nice treat for GG. While she got her hair done the kids and I ran to the grocery store and I intended to get back to the salon to pay for her up-do but while at the store GG said she was all done and paid. So...it's the thought that counts right?! I intended to pay.... hmmm. Now GG is looking like an authentic southern belle for our trip to Savannah tomorrow.

Back home the kids had a snack. It was Oreo balls (from the 100 calorie snack packs they sell.) Lauren ate hers in a civilized manner but Tyler shoved all 10 balls into his mouth and ran around foaming at the mouth until they all dissolved. It was a hoot to watch...he was pretty crazy during this dissolving period. =) Then it was nap time for the kids and exercise time for me. I had a great workout and I'm all set for Savannah now. Hopefully I'll find some time to get some exercise but I know I worked out pretty hard this week so it won't be too detrimental if I don't get in a good workout while on vacation.

For dinner we had tasty Greek Pita Pizzas. GG and I ate a whole one each and Tyler and Lauren shared a whole one...which is saying a lot because I don't believe they've ever ate any pizza that wasn't just plain cheese or pepperoni. I'm still stuffed from dinner but with all this tv watching ahead of me I'm sure I'll have some room left for popcorn.

After dinner I gave the kids a quick bath and then sent them downstairs to read books with GG while I showered off my earlier workout. When I came down I found Tyler wrestling with GG's cane "Henry" and saw him almost take both those girls out. He thought he was pretty cool.Now the kids are in bed and I'm finishing up this post while GG gets comfortable in PJs and then it's TV time until we crash into bed. G'night Y'all.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Now I know where the kids get their desire to watch so much TV!

Christine said...

not so fast....
I thought I was going to watch a lot of tv but CSI and Without a Trace were repeats. So since Grey's is being recorded GG and I headed up to bed at 9:30. Sucka.

brian said...

how did you like there will be blood? i thought that movie was great.

Christine said...

I liked it too...the juxtaposition between the church and oil boom. Shows the greed of mankind no matter what. What'd you think? I'm sure there's more but need to watch it again and again.