Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday (but it felt like a Monday)

I love Monday holidays because they make Tuesday's seem like Monday's but then it's actually Tuesday. Know what I mean?? No? Oh well.

Matt had a late night of poker last night (but he won $80) so he slept in and cooked us all some oatmeal for breakfast. Come to think of it, ever since GG has been here Matt has been winning at poker. How do we talk her into staying?!?!

After Matt ventured off to work GG and I showered and then headed out ourselves for a fun day of some Macy's shopping. I had a gift card from my brother and sister-in-law that has been burning a hole in my pocket. I found a sporty summery sweat suit and a couple pairs of jean shorts and GG found a couple sweaters and a nice shirt. She's so good at bargain hunting and found some good steals. I, on the other hand, was raised with the knowledge (some might say "belief") that "you get what you pay for" so I tend to not pay close enough attention to the price tag. Sorry Matt.

The kids did fabulous during our shopping trip but were getting hungry so GG offered to treat us to lunch. I had heard of a new little community near the farm where we used to get our produce baskets last year and wanted to check it out. The houses were so cute, extravagant and totally original and the community seemed so homey and inviting. I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures. We found a little bakery offering salads and sandwiches and stopped there for lunch. I had the best Greek Salad I've ever had at the Blue Eyed Daisy Bakeshop. It was so peppery and spicy and like no other. If anyone comes to visit I'm taking you there!! GG had a cobb salad and Lauren had a peanut butter and honey sandwich and Tyler had a grilled cheese sandwich and about 1/3 of Lauren PB&H sandwich. The kids ate so much at lunch that they barely touched their dinner. (Which was Lite Chicken Salad w/ bread and raisins & bananas.)

Back home the kids went down for their nap and I headed to the basement for a General Hospital workout. I LOVE these!! I set the treadmill for some preset workout (today it was P3 which is Speed Interval) and workout during my entire soap opera. My workout ends up being over an hour (and today I burned 700 calories) and I don't really notice how miserable it is because I'm so engrossed in my soap. lol.

After the workout I hosed off in the shower and then made up the Chicken Salad (again from my Everyday Food magazine) for dinner.

After dinner we took a short walk along our street because it looked threateningly like rain and then back at home Matt turned the box of our new patio furniture into a playhouse for the kids. They loved this and shrieked and played and had a good time right up until their bath and finally bedtime.

Now Matt is watching his car shows on TV and GG is waiting for me to finish this post so she can have something to do (read what I just wrote and check her e-mail.) And so the time has come for me to sign off. Enjoy the pics below.


Our new patio furniture...I love it.
Lauren playing in the patio furniture box, peeking through Daddy's custom windows.
And finally we have Tyler just looking plain CRAZY!

2 comments:

Dana said...

GG sounds like a woman after my own heart...stick with me kid, I will show you about bargain hunting!! That Matt, he is so creative!! But, unfortunately, his winning streak at poker will be over when Bud gets his mo-jo back. Sorry about that!! So fun to read about your day...seems so exciting...can't wait to read those from this weekend!!

Dana said...

Boy!! All this time I thought all you did was sit on the sofa and watch soaps!! JK...Wish I could have been there!