Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"look at your big bottom"

Today was a good day until my daughter opened her big mouth. =) I had just finished a marathon of a workout and she had just woken up from her "quiet time" (we don't take "naps" anymore.) Anyway, I was changing out of my sweaty clothes into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Lauren was watching me. When I put on my shorts she said, "I love those shorts, they fit just right." But when I leaned over the drawer to pick out a shirt she said, "Wow, Mommy, look at your big bottom!" I said "what did you say?" and innocent as day, she said, "Wow, Mommy, look at your big bottom!" Hmmm. Gotta love those kids and their honesty, huh? Tomorrow my workout will by an hour and a half. hmph.

Other than hearing sweet nothings from Lauren we didn't do much today. I needed a few things at the grocery store so we got dressed and headed to Kroger in the morning. Tyler opted to stay in the car with GG while L and I rushed through the grocery store to get batteries, milk, butter and bottled water.

Later, while I made dinner (ground chicken & sauteed veggie burgers) GG, Lauren and Tyler sat on the stairs (where the old child gate used to be) and read book after book. They looked so sweet and I took a ton of pictures. Hopefully one of them will turn out for this post....let's see....
After dinner the kids wanted to watch ANOTHER Thomas the Train show. I've been seriously thinking how to cut down on the TV shows. Bystanders (GG and I) can only take so many Thomas shows in one day. So I've made a couple of rules. Rule #1) Toys must be picked up before we watch a show. If we are going to watch TV then we aren't playing with our toys. Rule #2) After we watch one show we turn the TV off and play with toys, play outside or anything but watch the boob tube. Does anyone else have any suggestions for curbing TV usage. (side note: do not say to cut it out entirely because I NEEEEED it sometimes to get things done or enjoy a brief moment of Only-Mommy time.)

And to close...since I think GG is getting tired of reading bedtime stories to the kids as I write this... i will add this sweet picture of Tyler showing how much he loves Lauren. He grabbed his "blankie" (as he calls it) and snuggled up to Lauren while she was still eating her dinner. He's such a sweet boy and loves his sister soooo much.

1 comment:

Matt said...

L didn't mean that it was big, it's just big relative to her bottom. Everything it big to her. I like your bottom. Relative to the world it is very small.