Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Extra Screen Time...a No Go!

I recently posted that I was testing a new way for L and T to earn screen time.
For every 10 minutes of time spent on an educational or Multiplication website I would grant 5 minutes of additional screen time for the weekend.

Well that test abruptly came to a halt today when I caught Lauren cheating the system.
(She's a smart cookie and I half-way thought this would happen...she's my daughter and all.)

At first she was trying her best to answer questions like these:
(12x8)

After a few minutes she was S-T-A-L-L-I-N-G to answer questions like these:
(3x4)
 She'd stop to watch what Tyler was doing and take some time to remark how easy it was compared to what she was doing.
Basically taking her sweet time.
I'm on to you girl!  I've been there.

Seriously I've been there.
I remember a time when I was in high-school and got in trouble with my Dad.  As punishment I was told to go shoot baskets in the backyard for 30 minutes.  Well to show him I went out there and walked around with the basketball while I counted to sixty....thirty times!
I'm not sure what I showed him but I sure thought it was something at the time.

So needless to say the extra screen time test didn't pass.
I will still grant some extra screen time for time spent on the educational websites but I will now use an internal equation to determine how much screen time.  The equation will be based on time, effort, attitude and My General Mood at the moment.
I have to keep these kids on their toes.  =)


And,
What's a post without a picture of the kiddos?

Tyler playing Mario Super Sluggers on the Wii.

And Lauren all comfy and cozy on the sofa.
(doesn't her hair look like it's getting darker?)

Night All!

No comments: