Sunday, January 27, 2013

Buffalo Chicken "Cupcakes"

I have been looking forward to dinner tonight ever since I made my weekly menu last Sunday.  I couldn't wait to try the Buffalo Chicken "Cupcakes" from Emily Bites.  
Let me say they did not disappoint.  Matt raved on and on about them.

I made a couple of changes so here is my slightly varied recipe:

Buffalo Chicken "Cup Cakes"
(inspired by Emily Bites

Ingredients:
2 c. cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped up small (1/4 inch dice)
4 Laughing Cow Original Creamy Swiss wedges, broken into pieces
3 T. Buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce)
1/2 stalk celery, chopped small (1/4 inch dice)
24 wonton wrappers (typically found in the produce section)
2oz (1/2 cup reduced fat 2% shredded cheddar cheese)

Directions:
1.  Pre-heat the oven to 375.  Lightly mist 12 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.  
2.  In a microwavable bowl, combine the chicken, cheese wedges and wing sauce. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.  Stir to combine until chicken mixture is fully coated with cheese and wing sauce.  Stir in the chopped celery pieces.

3.  Layer 2 won ton wrappers into each sprayed muffin tin. 
4.  Using equal amounts (about 2 T. per tin) distribute the buffalo chicken mixture into the wonton wrappers.
5.  Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese evenly over each of the buffalo chicken won tons.
6.  Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.  Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Yields: 12 cupcakes, 2 or 3 per serving

Eat and Enjoy!
I served them with a green salad and we called it good.  It was a Yummy dinner indeed.


No comments: