Friday, September 26, 2008

the weather is turning

blowing bubbles (doesn't Tyler look bigger than Lauren in these pics?!)
I confess: I don’t love the Fall. I’m not ready for the Fall. It frightens me that leaves are already starting to turn colors and one even had the nerve to attack my car as I drove by. I think I’m just traumatized by the years of Oregon drizzly and cold winters. Every time Fall comes around I just start to get down in the dumps sort of waiting for the weather to turn. But I will admit…I’m loving the low humidty…only 30%. Today was in the 70s but in the sun if felt so warm and comfortable. It was a perfect day.
When I picked Lauren up from school her teacher said she had a really good last few days. She's not getting upset as much. Maybe she just needed to be told that there's no crying in the 4 year old classroom. She is a little grumpy and hot-tempered after school but I just assume that's because she is so well behaved and busy at school. Let's just say we still need to take a daily nap during the week.
While Lauren was at school Tyler and I played with "Mr. Tato" (Mr. Potato Head,) and then we slid down the stairs on our "baum baums" (bottoms.) He also brushed my hair and played "hair-cut". He's not very gentle, let me tell you. It was endless fun during those 3 hours.
Dinner was easy tonight because I did it all this morning. I threw some corn, onions, ham and potatoes in the crock pot and topped with cheesy sauce. The recipe is from the Economical Eats blog. Lauren and Tyler refused to touch it. Not sure why...it was incredibly cheesy. Tyler ate only apples and Lauren ate only spinach noodles. Unfortunately for her, I'm all out of spinach noodles now.
Currently Matt is on his way home from Valdosta. His company sponsored? a golf tournament and Matt got to show off his golfing skills (or lack thereof.) He did win a new golf bag full of beer but he didn't tell me whether this was based on his golf score or a random drawing. I'm guessing the drawing....
And to close...
Never thought I’d say this but…How ‘bout them Beavs?! Don’t get too cocky though because the true test comes later in the season when you actually play a good team.

No comments: