Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tranquil Tuesday

Tonight's blog posting is taking place while I'm pretending I'm not too old to watch the new 90210 show. So far it's a little depressing because I feel I relate more to the parents than the students.

Well, Matt brought home a cold from his trip to Portland last week. (thanks y'all) He's been sniffling and dealing with all the miserable side effects for a couple days now. And today I noticed that Tyler is coming down with the cold. I can tell because he keeps clearing his throat. He doesn't really know how to clear his throat so he just sort of barks and grunts...sort of roars. I haven't heard anything like it and can't help but crack up when he does it.

While Lauren was at school Tyler and I did some painting. I'm glad I brought all the stuff outside because every couple seconds he announced that he was wiping the paint on his shirt. It claims to be washable but we'll see.... After our painting fun we took the excitement indoors and cleaned a few of the bathrooms. I'm beginning to question why are we adding yet another bathroom in the basement. Cleaning bathrooms is not very high on my enjoyment list.

For dinner I made up some Corn Chowder since I had a few ears of corn that needed to be used. This was easy to make and very tasty. It has Bunko potential. The chowder was an afterthought but Broccoli and Pork Stir-Fry over rice was on the menu. (not my picture)
This was from my Everyday Food magazine. It was a bit salty for our taste (I used regular soy sauce instead of the lite soy we are used to) and I didn't really care for the orange juice and orange rind in the stir fry sauce. Although the oranges were perfectly ripe and juicy. I'd have preferred to just eat them separately.

After dinner Joshua came over to play with Lauren and Tyler. Lauren got all decked out to play with him. Hat, scarf, bracelet and purse/necklace. Such a classy girl.

At 7:30 I sent Joshua home and we started our bedtime routine. Clean-up, snack, bath, bed-time stories and finally bed.

And that about sums up our tranquil Tuesday.

1 comment:

brian said...

i love Laurens get up she has on.