Tuesday, September 9, 2008

king of the spiky thingy


Toddler Time at the new library. The story is being told to Tyler's back but he positioned the spiky thing so he had a clear view of me instead. Check out the boy in the background...he sucks the same 2 fingers as Tyler. Unlike people who live in the same city/area that they grew up in, I Rarely run into people I know (i.e. high school friends, former co-workers etc.) but today at the library I ran into 4 people I knew. From church, from the Y and from the Mom's Club. It was pretty cool, I have to admit.

Dinner was good but not out of this world. Matt requested Chicken Cacciatore so I found an easy recipe to make. Easy Chicken Cacciatore. This claims to be a southern recipe so maybe that explains why it called for red wine instead of the typical white wine you would normally use. For the most part I followed the recipe but I added my usual seasonings to the chicken (my usual seasonings = garlic salt, Goya brand Adobo all-purpose seasoning, fresh ground pepper & Emeril's Italian seasoning) and also threw in some re-hydrated shiitake mushrooms I had in the pantry. The chicken was very tender but next time we feel like chicken cacciatore I'll probably try another recipe.

OK...time to devote all of my attention to the BB episode where most likely Keesha's going to be sent home. bummer.

No comments: