Monday, September 8, 2008

America's Next Top Model?

now c'mon, how cute is that?!

Well Tyler, obviously got a hair-cut today. He did A-mazing. He was such a big boy and did everything the hair-stylist asked.

We were busy bees today while Lauren was at school. We had a few things on our to-do list and almost completed them all. We drove all the way to the Kroger gas station (since I spend an obscene amount on groceries there every week they give me 10 cents off per gallon to fill up with their gas. Well, after waiting for some gi-normous SUV to fill up I pulled up to the gas tank and was about to start pumping when I realized I Forgot My Wallet. Hmmmph. I had to drive all the way back home (ya know I live "out there") and get my wallet and drive back to the gas station. Oh well, I will blame my spacey behavior on my lingering mucous filled cold.

(A side thought for all you engineers out there. If you can come up with a way to turn snot into some sort of bio-fuel, I'd make you rich. I'm pretty sure that this lingering side effect of my cold could fill my own gi-normous SUV of a gas tank...if only someone could turn all that muck into fuel. Just a thought.)

Anyway, while Lauren was at school T and I filled up the tank, got a hair-cut and also picked up a cute pair of Nike tennis shoes. However, I'm a little disappointed now that I looked at the Nike store price...their sale price is a tad bit less than I actually paid for them. just don't tell Matt.

After school we took our lunch to the swimming pool and got a quick swim in before it started to rain. It was good timing because about an hour after we got home the thunder clouds started building up and quickly drenched everything in its path.

On our way home we picked up the mail and Lauren had a big package from her Grandma Jan and Grandpa Michael waiting for her. Here she's showing off a part of her gift. (a new place mat and butterfly plate.)

Tyler wanted to have his picture taken too. So he's posing with a part of his gift from G'ma & G'pa that he got a couple of days ago. (it's a frog place-mat under his plate of chicken and potatoes.)
And that brings us to today's dinner. Spicy Apricot Chicken and Crispy Garlic Potatoes. I didn't have any apricot jam but I had two open jars of blackberry jelly (canned by my Grandma Anna or GG to the kids) so I used that instead. It was pretty good and went very well with the red pepper flakes. Instead of broiling the chicken I just baked it at the same temp as the potatoes. It was very simple and very good.
And currently, instead of pricing items for the garage sale like I should be doing, I'm catching up on the latest episode of 90210. Both Kelly Taylor and Brenda Walsh were in this episode. Like Totally Rad.

1 comment:

brian said...

model, pink crocs/dress up, peeing sitting down.... what are you doing to my nephew?!?! i thought the south was conservative.

jk