Thursday, September 18, 2008

say hello to my little friend

I no longer sweep, wipe up crumbs nor use a dust pan. I simply Dyson it. This hand held kicks the snot out of the dust buster your mom made you vaccuum the stairs with. I'm not sure how I would survive my two kids (3 if you count myself) without my little friend.

This week Lauren is learning about the letter Dd. Here is a pic of her homework she did. She had to cut out pictures of things that start with D and glue them to her homework sheet.

She enjoys school so much that she is now playing school while she's at home. Usually her student is Tyler but today I was her student. She wanted me to trace my name and "then color all the items blue."
Here she is getting her princess Barbie ready for school. and since Lauren is playing with her doll...Tyler wanted to play with it too. All he was able to get his hands on were her shoes. pink shoes none the less. So far it's been a pretty ordinary week for us. Matt was out of town for a couple days in Jessup, GA. They are kicking off a huge project with a mill down there. He just got home about 30 minutes ago and jumped right into the bedtime routine with the kids. When he's gone it's not too difficult but his absence is definitely felt. He's very good about playing with the kids while I cook dinner and helping me to clean up after dinner. The kids really like him because he rough-houses with them and pretty much does whatever they want. When he's gone I need to remember that the cleaning can wait and it's alright to have a frozen pizza if the trade off is playing with the kids. I get in a rush-through-the-evening-routine mode when he's not here. I always feel I'm a few steps behind what needs to be done. So relaxing and enjoying the moment is something I need to work on.
So now lets relax and talk about food.
Yesterday's dinner was a Ham and Cheese Focaccia. aka ham and cheese pizza so the kids would eat it. (they didn't eat much but I finished theirs...and did NOT count my weight watchers points.) I couldn't find the recipe on-line so if you want it let me know and I'll get it to you. This was accompanied by Fruited Orzo. The fruit and yogurt were really good but the orzo kind of freaked my texture taste buds out.
Today we had Zesty Chicken Turnovers. (the recipe calls for a 4oz can of diced green chili peppers but I accidentally bought a can of diced jalapeno peppers...so I ended up using only a 1/4 of the can.) These were delicious and Matt just ate one (and then another one) and said he could eat them all. These were that good. I paired mine with a salad...but added some other choices and fillers for the kids. Lauren ate almost everything but said the turnover (chicken sandwich) was too spicy.
And now I'm going to go relax with my husband or maybe just the tv since he went in the office and started entering receipts. We have a movie "Be Kind Rewind" to watch but I'm not sure how excited I am to watch that one...it sounds a little lame. I'll let you know if we end up watching it tonight.


No comments: