Thursday, September 4, 2008

sniffle sniffle


Our latest craze is fingerpaints. Lauren prefers to be nice and neat by using a paint brush but Tyler prefers to use his fingers. He doesn't however, like them dirty so he will wipe them off on his shirt (or the wall, or Daddy's shirt) right after he dips them in the paint. Too bad you can't see the front of his shirt. It's pretty artsy.

It was only wishful thinking that I wouldn't catch Matt's cold he brought home. Yesterday morning my throat was pretty sore. That soreness got worse and progressed all day and turned into a full blown cold that night...all night. I took 2 NyQuil gel caps before bed and that started my nose a running...and dripping down my throat to the point I felt I was choking. Sorry for the visual but it was one miserable night. (read: very little sleep)

So today was a pretty boring day for the kids. At least Lauren got to go to school but since I didn't sleep last night I let the TV baby-sit Tyler. I took a nap in my bed while Tyler laid next to me and watched cartoons. And then I napped again in the afternoon while the kids took their nap/quiet time. I got enough sleep to help me feel alive enough to make dinner. While I was making dinner I sent the kids and Matt out to the store (to give the kids some excitement today and to pick up a gift for Leigha's (Lee-a) birthday party on Saturday.)

Tonight's dinner was Roasted Vegetable Salad w/ Goat Cheese. Unfortunately, I forgot to add the goat cheese. The plan is to use it in tomorrow's breakfast...egg, sausage & goat cheese omelettes. The salad was pretty good and a healthy contrast to last night's dinner. Which was Mr. John's Meatloaf. This was pretty fattening and basically way too much Meat.

So now I'm about to nurse my cold for another 30 minutes and then hit the sack. No NyQuil for me tonight though.

Oh I just remembered a a funny and shocking story from Lauren yesterday...

When I picked her up from school the first thing she said was,
"Travis said Booty Butthole today."
I said, "Wow, that's not a very nice thing to say. Did he get in trouble?"
"No. Because he said it when he was already on the naughty chair."

I didn't bring it up again so as not to make "Booty Butthole" become her favorite words...although it does have a certain alliteration to it. But at lunch she said it again when she was waiting for me to bring her her food. This time I came down on her and told her that we do not talk like that. When Matt got home I asked her to tell him what Travis had said and she wouldn't. She got an angry look in her eye and said that we don't talk like that.

Good girl.
and now Good Night.

No comments: