Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I take it back...I LOVE the Fall...in the South

Weather today: Absolutely PERFECT! 80 degrees or so and NO humidity. Tell me where it's like this all year round and I'm there in a heartbeat.



After school we went to the park to have lunch. We tried a new park which was pretty cool. It had a couple of slides, a Sand Box! many other toys and lots of shade.


here's a shot of Tyler eating his peanut butter and honey sandwich. I cut it in half for him but he decided to eat both halves at the same time. He's definitely a Stud.


After lunch the kids hit the sandbox. Fun sandy times...next time we'll bring our sand toys.




What I didn't picture was that we also met up with some new friends. This was our first outing with our new playgroup for Tyler. Sebastian (2 1/2) was Tyler and Lauren's new friend and my new friend was fellow Mom's clubber, Christine (I knew we'd get along after learning her first name.) The kids got along great. It took about .0126 of a second for the kids to warm up to each other and get to playing. Awesome to see them playing so well. I'm so happy Tyler will have a little "boy" friend. We're going to get together again next Wednesday and I'm already looking forward to it.

When I pulled up to the house after the park I saw a Rooms to Go truck parked in the driveway. Yay!! This means Lauren's bedroom set was being delivered. Not So Yay!! I Had No Notice.



Apparently they had the wrong number for me and although they tried to call 2 days ago they never got a hold of me. Luckily for them I pulled up 5 minutes after they got there. I dashed inside and emptied Lauren's room so they could bring up and set up her new big girl furniture.


Here's Matt cutting some more boards to provide more support for under her mattress. He's such a carpenter don't ya think?



putting the boards in place. Lauren loves her new furniture.



did I mention she loves her new furniture?



and below are some shots of her room:Dinner tonight was nothing much to talk about so I won't. I will say I cooked lamb for the first time. It was alright but nothing more. Instead I'll close with a picture of Lauren snuggled up for bed.

Night all.


P.S. GG came out of her surgery just fine and with no complications. I just talked to her and she sounded great. I hope this will relieve all of the pain she's been having. Thanks for all your prayers.


1 comment:

brian said...

lauren's room looks great. she is such a beautiful girl and i can't wait to come visit.