Sunday, September 14, 2008

garage sale weekend

It always looks better on a blog to start with a picture, IMO. (“In My Opinion” for all y’all over 25) So here’s a pic of last night’s dinner. Herb Crusted Salmon with Spinach Salad. It was just so-so. But the herb crust was really good.

Ok…picture explained and moving on.

Until today, I feel like I’ve been running around here like a mad woman. On Friday, I finally got serious about my Saturday garage sale and spent all day organizing, pricing, and emptying out my closets of junk. (I mean “treasures” for all y’all who bought some or will next weekend.) I took a break to pick Lauren up from school. She had a great day and was very talkative about it. She even earned a treat for following directions all week. She really loves school but she hasn’t quite gotten her teachers names down yet. If she wants to tell me about one of them she’ll ask me “Mommy, which guy has the yellow hair and dark sunglasses?” Me, “that’s Ms. Lee but she’s a lady, not a guy.”

Back at home it was back to the garage sale grind. The kids played in the Denali (their latest favorite outdoor activity…sit in the car and push every button and basically mess everything up for me) and I went non-stop until it was time to shower and go win (again!) at the monthly Bunko game. This time I only won my $5 back but I still consider it a win because the losers didn’t even get that.

Saturday was the garage sale day. At 8am, right when we opened, two guys from the movie Deliverance showed up and bought A LOT of my high item stuff. (high-item equals stuff that I’m asking more than $5 for) They bought a lot so I gave them a heck of a deal. The short and chunky guy kept talking to me while the skinny toothless guy loaded up the stuff they bought. I was convinced that these two guys were scam artists and while the chunky one talks and distracts the toothless one steals my stuff. But, these guys came back to the sale 3 times and even left Matt some lawn mower blades to decide if he wanted to buy them. I really felt bad for my initial prejudice against them because they turned out to be pretty cool. After all was said and done we made $320. ($200 were from selling the stock Denali wheels that have been in the basement since forever.) I’m going to leave everything set up in the garage and participate in the neighborhood garage sale next Saturday too.

Sat. night I went to a “sort of like a Tupperware” party but for adults with a friend. It was during the Oregon v. Perdue but the guys hanging out in the TV room (garage) came in to let me know that my soon to be ranked #1 Ducks finally beat Perdue in double over-time. Go DUCKS!! Watch out Boise State, we’re coming to get you next.

Today I really didn’t do much except for the weekly grocery shopping. After being on the go for the last couple of days I just felt like being lazy.

After her afternoon nap, Lauren and Daddy went across the street to watch some football with Mr. Mike. An hour later when Tyler woke up, he wanted to watch some Thomas and Friends with his friend big Thomas. Big Thomas is almost always invited to watch TV with Tyler.Dinner was supposed to be a veggie soup but I wasn't really feeling it. Instead, I went on the Cookthink website and punched in the perishable veggies I was supposed to use and it spit out this recipe for Road Trip Pasta Salad. I'm so glad I made this instead. I'm pretty sure Matt is too. It was Dee-Lish-Us! The kids were completely full on potato chips since they had been at Mr. Mike's house with Daddy watching pro football for the afternoon so they didn't eat much, but hey...more for me.

A note on Jack:
Jack will be visiting the vet tomorrow. Over the past couple of months he has drastically lost weight and as of late is walking with difficulty and is having “accidents” on the carpet. He doesn’t seem to be in pain but obviously this illness is not going to go away on its own. Today I have confined the poor guy to his kennel.

And a final note to Matt: If you’re reading this, Call Your Dad…Now! (just pretend you thought his birthday was this Monday and not last Monday



No comments: