Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I don't bake cookies

Baking cookies is not one of my favorite things. I don't like the tedious-ness of the whole thing. Scoop tablespoons of cookie dough onto cookie tray, bake, cool, remove and repeat and then wash the sink full of dirty dishes. Not my cup of tea. Luckily, (for the cookie lovers in my family) my husband doesn't mind baking cookies. In fact, my children think only Daddy's know how to make cookies. (and really, what's wrong with that?) For Christmas Santa brought Matt a couple of silicone baking mats and today he was finally able to try them out. (Has it really been that long since he's baked cookies or have I just not reminded him that he has them?) He loved the baking mats. He didn't even need to use a spatula to remove the cookies.
They came right up and were perfect in consistency and shape. Matt and I highly recommend them.


While I don't enjoy baking cookies I do love to cook dinner. We've been enjoying some great dinners lately and I thought I'd share.


(no pictures...just links to recipes)



(feel free to omit the peanuts like I did)



Yumm.


Israeli Vegetable CousCous with Feta and Olives

(this is from the April 2011 Weight Watchers magazine so the copyrights are strictly enforced...aka I can't find it on the internet) It was really good though!



Grandma Jan recommended this Real Simple recipe and everyone loved it. Instead of chicken thighs I used 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (because that's what I had on hand.) I baked it at 350 for 35 minutes.


tomorrow:


can't wait!


P.S. In case you were wondering, last night's tornado watch was just that...a watch. We got an inch of rain (in 3 hours), some high winds and a bunch of lightening and thunder but nothing more than that. My garden and all our trees in the yard survived.

1 comment:

nicole. said...

hmmmmm i love to bake hate to cook....