Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dinner on the Fly #1

I was on the fly for dinner but Tyler was on the fence this morning regarding which sports team he wanted to represent at school.

AZ Diamondbacks (his t-ball team) hat, Boise State shirt and Oregon Ducks shorts. As long as he dresses himself I do not question his school outfit.
At least 2 of these 3 teams are ranked in the TOP FIVE for next year!!
GO DUCKS!

Dinner on the Fly:
kid version
l/o chicken from yesterday, strawberries, carrots and sauteed onion & spinach with feta cheese


my version:
spinach & iceberg lettuce salad with hard boiled (Easter) eggs, tomatoes, sliced carrots, celery and chopped red bell peppers (no dressing necessary)


and sauteed onion & spinach with feta (I love spinach and feta) and leftover chickenLauren saw this package in the pantry and attached a personal note after she brought it out to the kitchen counter.


Guess what we'll be having for breakfast?!

P.S. Matt is out of town on business this week. (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR) I have to mention that I'm really missing him. He's an awesome husband and father (I won't go into how much the kids are missing him) but he's also an excellent after-dinner-kitchen-cleaner. So far this week I have made the dinner and also cleaned up after dinner, and hoo boy is there a lot of after dinner clean-up. So Matt, since I don't often tell you to your face, I'm telling you now over this blog; Thanks for all you do (especially the kitchen clean-up part.) Ok...now I'm off to re-scrub behind the sink...the part that accumulates water like you wouldn't believe.


P.P.S. For any of you bad guys out there reading this blog: Just because I said Matt is out of town this week, please know that he had our friend Sonny Corinthos hire some armed guards to protect the house. So don't even try it.

No comments: