Monday, December 1, 2008

Hooray for December

Welcome December! I've been waiting for you.

I just updated my Myspace music playlist and am jamming out as I write this hopefully brief post. (well, I'm "jamming" as much as one can "jam" when you like the sort of mellow music that I do.)

interested?
And now onto my post for the day.

We woke up this morning and it was a frigid 40 or below so I broke out one of Lauren's Christmas presents because it just couldn't wait. (we just aren't far enough South to avoid the winter coats.) Here she is posing with her reversible puffy jacket. She's also flipping up her pony-tail in the picture to show that to you too. So please thoroughly enjoy and make her happy.

And Tyler, not one to miss out on the fun, wanted his picture taken in the box the jacket came in. Don't you just adore his "on request" smile?!!

Today was our first day back into the real world. I've been sick with the cold and pink-eye, recovering from a traumatic very minor surgery, enjoying a long Thanksgiving weekend that it seems like a long time since we've had a normal schedule. Well today was the first day back to normal. Matt woke up at 5:30 to go to work and I woke up at 7:00 to get our school day going. I was able to get dressed and get breakfast ready before the kids even woke up. It seems they got used to the laid back schedule of last week too.
After school for Lauren and after some intensive playing by Tyler the kids took a long 3 hour (Lauren) and 4 hour nap (Tyler.) Mine was only an hour and a half but I had some bathrooms to clean today.
For dinner I made the Caponata from my Weekly Menu post. I didn't have the mint it called for so instead I added Emeril's Italian "essence" and some extra dried basil and oregano. At first Matt said he would pick the eggplant out of it but then he (manned up??) thought about it again and decided to try it. It was really good and if you know anything about Weight Watchers points, the caponata was only 1 pt. per serving. We used it as bruschetta today and tomorrow I'll add it to my spaghetti sauce.
Although I didn't attempt to get the kids to try the Caponata they both ate what I gave them (garlic bread and PB & honey sandwiches.) Lauren especially ate a lot today and requested that I measure her height again since she just knew she grew "as biggest as a monstery monster." She's all about getting measured these days since when I measured her over the weekend she had grown an Entire Inch since September of this year. (no wonder she's growing out of all her pants.)
And below you'll find a picture of the kids relaxing BEFORE Daddy said to get their feet off the table. (no I was NOT encouraging their rude table manners.) =) well maybe just a little...I like to be the good guy now and then. (wink)





No comments: