Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Program

Yesterday was Lauren's Christmas program at school. The 4 yr. old pre-school sang Christmas songs before the Kindergarten class performed the Christmas Story.
Here is Lauren singing. She is middle row, 2nd from the right. After the program we all decorated Gingerbread houses. Lauren was much more interested in eating the candy than decorating with it. Therefore, her house is pretty bare at this point.

Pretty soon they got into it and even Tyler got to decorate a tree (sugar cone turned upside down.)

Here is Lauren with her pre-school teachers: Mrs. Lee on the left and Mrs. Maginnis on the right.

After the celebration was over Lauren had the choice to leave with me or go back to her class. She opted to go back to her class. ????! So Tyler and I drove down the street to the bookstore that has the Thomas the Train set and he played with the trains while I bought Lauren's teachers a couple of gift cards for the book store as Christmas gifts.
When we finally picked Lauren up from school I asked her where she would like to go to lunch since this was her Special Day. She chose Chik-fil-A and also requested we eat in the restaurant rather than take it home. Lucky for her...her most favorite friend from school, Emma, also decided to eat there for lunch. Lauren and Tyler ate their lunch with lightening speed so they had plenty of time to play on the playground with Emma. I got to chat with Emma's Mom and Dad for awhile and we made plans to get the girls together after the holidays since they both talk about each other All The Time.
That night "since I'm nice" I made dinner for the family. Without eating any of the Garlicky Red Beans and Pork I soon headed out to La Parrilla in Newnan, to have dinner with my ladies Impact Group. (if you actually click on the link (which I Never do when I read blogs) I must advise you to turn your volume down.) La Parrilla was decent and had VERY FILLING food. Even after I complained about recently gaining a couple of pounds I managed to literally! lick my plate clean.
So today I didn't eat lunch. but anyway...
Check out what Matt's Grammy sent us for Christmas today. Only since I know there is chocolatey food inside will I ever open it...but doesn't it make the most beautiful table centerpiece?!
Today was well into the 70s so while I changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt I sent the kids outside to play.
They had fun and requested multiple photo ops. Even Tyler got into the picture taking process and did his adorable smile on demand for me. Ain't he Precious?!
dump trucks in the bushes

dump trucks in the garage (check out Tyler's "smile!!")

does it get any cuter?

and of course, not to be left out....
Lauren, looking as beautiful and photogenic as ever.
(best of all, picture Matt's response to all the pine staw thrown all over the yard.)
and last but not least tonight...
Matt is teaching both Lauren and Tyler all they need to know about Quicken.
Yes, he's turning our whole family into Quicken freaks. =)

oops, did I say last but not least before?!
Instead,
Check out Lauren's "pink tails" (as she calls them)
even after a nap they still look pretty cute.
Night Y'all.

No comments: