Monday, December 22, 2008

They are on their way!

Mom, Kevin, Mili and Brian left Portland, Oregon at 4pm (PST) yesterday, chains and all. They reached Eugene (just 90 miles south) in 5 hours! and picked up the rental car. At 9pm (PST) they set out for Phoenix, that would be in Arizona...By Car. That's an eighteen (18!) hour drive. Since driving does get boring at times, luckily, they got to break up the monotony by putting on chains and taking them off 3 different times. (Portland, the Siskiyou Pass, and Mt. Shasta in California.)
The weather is not supposed to improve in the Portland area and they weren't sure if they would be able to catch their flight to Phoenix and from there, Atlanta...so they Opted To Drive To Phoenix instead of depending on PDX. They are crazy but that's exactly what I would do if given the chance to spend an extra couple of days with Me...err, I mean the grand-kids/nieces & nephews.

to pass the time...I baked.

I made 4 dozen cinnamon rolls and 2 loaves of banana bread. I had Matt take over a tray of cinnamon rolls to his Sunday football buddies and they loved them. I sent about 13 rolls and between the 5 of them they ate them all. ??!! They even asked where I bought my icing. Ha Ha I made it sucka, I'm like a Martha Stewart up in heere.




the banana bread

I've also been spending my time with my Bunko neighbor's dog and 2 cats. They are in Kansas for the holidays and I offered to watch their pets. Sadie, their dog, is so! sweet that she's actually got me thinking that I may want a dog some day. Matt says No Way! but we'll see.

Today Matt put the finishing touches on our Christmas DVD and I'm about to proof it right now. Hopefully it turns out perfect and we can finally! send it out to all our anxious fans.
And to close:
Here's a shot of Lauren, Tera and Tyler destroying my Sunday paper and thinking it's fun. "Kids! These days!" =)
and finally, Tyler showing off his Boxer "on-demand" star-wand smile. He's so awesome.


1 comment:

BoringFish said...

You are quite a baker, good work Christine! They looked yummy.