Monday, December 8, 2008

a not so blah Monday

Today started off bright and early just like every Monday. It actually started off in the middle of the night. Tyler had another episode of his reoccurring dream. It's the dream about the "ice-cream cone" which he's had a couple of times before. He will start crying and shouting in the middle of the night that he wants Mommy to give him an ice-cream cone. Matt whet into his room during this episode and held a not quite awake Tyler while he shouted over and over that he wanted Mommy to give him an ice-cream cone. He eventually went back to sleep and had no memory of his dream when I woke him later in the morning.

After breakfast, I took Lauren to school and then came home and showered. Of course, I didn't get my hair wet since it still looks all perfect and such in the way only the hair-stylist can do. I'm going to have to wash it tomorrow though since I'm actually able to run my car on the oil that I can squeeze out of it.

After my shower Tyler and I loaded up to get his hair cut. He was such the angel at Supercuts today. He did everything the stylist asked him to do. Look down, look up, try to smile, etc. etc. Afterwards, as promised, he got a lollipop which he thoroughly enjoyed in the car while we waited in the car pool line to pick up Lauren.



This evening we watched our neighbor Emma while her 7-yr-old brother went to indoor batting practice. Now I remember going to batting practice in HIGH-SCHOOL but as a 1st Grader?!?! Wow! The South is definitely serious about their sports.
The kids played some play-dough before diving into the babyd0lls and barbies. I had no clue that absolutely ALL of Lauren's baby dolls and Barbies could be relieved of ALL their clothes. =)
For dinner tonight I made the Pappardelle with Shrimp. Although I didn't take any pictures it got rave reviews from everyone. Lauren, Tyler and Emma all ate a decent serving and I thought it was refreshingly minty.
Matt had to work late tonight because they were preparing and then reviewing a proposal for a local company up in Marietta. Unfortunately, 30 minutes after his 2 hour reviewing conference call with his boss and after submitting the proposal, he recieved a phone call saying the company wouldn't get the job. Bummer. He didn't let that bother him while he tucked the kids into bed and headed down to the basement for the Monday night poker game. I'm especially upset they didn't get this job because it would be so cool if he didn't need to travel overnight for a job for once. Hopefully the company will come to their senses and reconsider.
While the kids played this evening I wrapped the remainder of the Christmas presents. So far I'm done. Now we just need to get serious about getting our Christmas cards ready to go.
After wrapping the presents and after Matt was down-stairs hopefully winning at poker I bought him the perfect Christmas present (on-line of course.) It's probably not as cool as the present he bought me but I have a bit of a challange when buying him gifts. You see, he keeps track of any and ALL purchases via Quicken and itemizes each receipt like a bonafide psycho. But anyway, I'd tell y'all about this most perfect gift I got him but I have a sneaky suspicion that he occasionally reads this blog. (although he Rarely comments on it... You know, I Love Me Some Comments (hint hint.))
Anyway he is just going to love this present after he gets over the fact that he told me to "absolutely do not buy [him] anything since we can't afford it." Once he gets over that he's going to have a rip roarin' flag waving good ol' time...lemme tell ya.
And that's about it but I thought I'd add a post script for those die hard readers. When I went to bed last night after watching "my Sunday night shows" (the Amazing Race & SVU) I found Matt perched up in bed with pen and paper in hand. He was watching the Food Network and had actually penned out our Christmas menu. He said all I had to do was make the bread and the sweet potato casserole and he would do the rest. Now aren't you all just in love with this guy. I can't wait for Christmas dinner now.

1 comment:

brian said...

forget that sucker. get T a damn ice cream cone!!!