Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"What is the heck of this?"

I'm sorry for all my family and friends out West. I hear there's a good old "unusual" snow storm. My Grandma "GG" said there's about 4 inches of snow in her back yard. And believe me for Eugene, OR that's a lot of snow. I hear temps might reach about 30 degrees for a high this week. I really feel sorry for y'all. All the while I'm feeling sorry for y'all in a pair of capris and short-sleeve shirt. In contrast, us Atlantans are enjoying a muggy, unusual warm spell right now. Tomorrow should be even warmer. Lauren sporting some heals. She actually walked down the stairs in these. a natural? (Tyler is in the back ground with his jack-hammer.)
For dinner last night I made the Black Bean Soup from the Weight Watchers cookbook. It was fantabulous. I was a bit skeptical so I did add some garlic salt, Adobo, and Greek Seasoning to the sauteing onions. Final report = YUMM.

and for the side I made my ultimate masterpiece. (disclaimer: It's not actually MY ultimate masterpiece because I found the recipe elsewhere but I really don't care!) I have had yet to make a "from scratch" loaf as good as this. I'd go as far to say that this is better than ANY ciabatta loaf YOU have ever tried. I even made sure the pictures I took look artsy and stuff to represent.



Today we had a reunion playdate with our good friends Abigail and Isabella. The kids played so well together and all by themselves in Abigail's bedroon that occasionally us Mom's actually had to go make sure they were all right. We enjoyed a tasty lunch and some chocolate pudding for dessert.

All good things must come to an end, however, and finally Tyler had a meltdown. It was a total and complete meltdown with only one option. It was time to go. By the time we reached our house (all of 7 minutes away) this was what my sweet darlings looked like:


At home Tyler went down for another 2 hours and Lauren stayed up and watched Frosty the Snowman and then said things like, "What is the heck of this?"
I don't even remember what she was talking about but obviously her father is not watching his mouth as much as he needs to be. I mean, it's a given that I NEVER say anything that even remotely resembles her parroting.

3 comments:

g.g. said...

Looks Like Lauren is taking afer G.G. higher the heel the better.High today 27/10 A Killer...

Claudine said...

Isabella cried the whole way home-"I just want to cry mommy" was her response when I asked her what was going on.Thank you for NOT mentioning her dramatic exit...I might actually blog about that myself!
See you next week.

Misty said...

You cook, you bake, you're from Springfield! You are worthy of adoration!:) I love your blog. I have one too, but I mostly video blog now. http://homeschooljourney.blogspot.com